Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team Pneumothorax #8 Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been out twice since the opener on Friday. I had deer in bow range both times but nothing I wanted to release an arrow on. This is a new hunting area for me and I'm hoping to get a crack at a good buck but I'm thinking this may be more of an area to catch them cruising during the rut and not so much of an early season feeding area. Anyway, I'm seeing doe's so hopefully the bucks will follow.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Going out again this evening. Maybe today is the day.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Nothing new to report yet fellas. Oct. 2nd was opening day here. My wedding anniversary was last weekend, so I didn't make it out. Now that I have that out of the way, I will be headed out very soon. Good luck all!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

I'll be heading out in the morning also. I'm just jumping around on the new property until I come across a good spot.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

nine days been shootin my bow like a mad man ended up robbin hooding my arrow and went to a 3D archery shoot ended up with 245 by the end of the course did pretty good so off the the archery shop to get new arrows and practice til opening day hope you guys have good luck and i will keep an update on my scouting

Ny,
Old 10-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Just checking in. Passed up 7 small bucks so far in Ohio. Waiting for the rut to hunt Pa.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

I didn't go out this weekend. Mid 50's in the morning and highs in the 80's wasn't worth it for me. I'll wait til it gets a little cooler outside. I did get a new scent-lok jacket for early season hunting last night that I am anxious to try out.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Bartender

I am finally getting out again this afternoon and with fresh batteries in the cam since last friday I will check that also.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Season starts tomorrow going out with one of my good buddies on my property been seeing some really good deer going through this creek bottom hopefully we can catch em crossing it by our stands wish us luck and its about time bow season got here i thought i was going to go insane but good luck guys

Ny,
Old 10-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have passed on several small bucks waiting on something bigger. Hope I don't end up wishing I had taken one just to get some points on the board! The biggest of those that have come within range was a pretty wide 6...past his ears about an inch on each side. Had a couple good shooters that just would not get within range. Almost took a shot at a nice 9, but decided I didn't want to risk it...44 yards. I prefer to keep my shots within 25. Will shoot to 40 with the right conditions/circumstances, but this was a little farther and not good circumstances. Too much junk in the way too. Oh well...still time left.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.