2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team Pneumothorax #8 Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I've been out a few times in the last couple of weeks. Still working on exactly where to set up. The property I hunt is almost 600 acres of prime habitat, but it almost too good. About 50/50 woods and pasture. Bad thing is it is split up so bad. No more than 75 acres in one single patch of woods. Morning hunts are the worst. There is just no good way to get into any of the woods without crossing the feeding areas. I think I have one good spot to get to, but the other morning I came within 10 feet of the business end of a skunk. Luckily, he only waddled off. I knew they had a den fairly close, but didn't think it would be that far away from it. That is not my idea of a good way to start a day.

We are getting some more sign around the farm though. Found several good rub lines. Got a few decent pics over the last two weeks as well. Just not of my two "wish-list" deer. Probably go out one evening this week and hopefully on Saturday. Next Sunday I have to be out of town on business for a week, so that is going to suck. Well, I may get the chance to throw in a hog hunt while down in Arkansas. That is if I can get in touch with my buddy before I leave. We'll see.

Good luck all.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

No luck yet. I've been hunting a few times on the new property that I acquired this season but it's tough for me to get out there with enough time to hunt after I get off work in the evenings. I've got a 5 year old boy and he loves going with me so the other day I went over to my dad's place. He's got 10 acres on a hilltop that is surrounded by a big chunck of public land that gets hunted really hard. Well, there used to be alot of deer around the property (thats where I started hunting when I was younger) so I figured that I'd set up a feeder and a camera to see if anything was using the property. I left out the camera for 3 days and nights then went back to check it. I got video of 5 different bucks feeding in front of the camera and while I was checking the cam I noticed 3 scrapes right near the spot where the camera is. I set up my ameristep ground blind and decided to start taking my son with me (since it's less than 100 yards from my dad's house). Really excited to see the deer are using this little piece of property again. Nothing big in the bunch but one is a decent 9 point that's probably a 2 1/2 year old. Here's a link to the video. http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/o...PICT0933-1.mp4
Old 10-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I have patiently waited to get on a piece of private land that I am the only one allowed to hunt. I always prefer to wait until later in season to set foot on this property while surrounding areas get hunted. This is probably the best property I hunt for a big boy. One of the top two for sure...pretty excited about going in the morning!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw an 8 that I would have loved to have shot this morning...too bad he had no intentions of getting anywhere near me. Moseyed on about his business, never closer that 80 yards. At least I know he is there! I would estimate him to measure 120". Close to that at least. Not that tall, but heavy and wide.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

I saw 5 slickheads this morning from the stand and pushed out 4 deer when I walked in. Also saw had a little 8 that broke one side off come trotting past me through the woods after I got down. Starting to get better. I'll probably be taking a couple extra days off in the next few weeks before shotgun season to try to seal the deal on some does and hopefully a buck.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw another decent 8 last night on a different property...not as good as the one I saw the other morning, but one I would have taken. Went out this morning and all I saw was a spike. Love being out no matter what, but I am ready to shoot something!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:50 AM
Bartender

Can you guys send some of your deer up to me here in Wi so I can get a good look and see what they actually look like. It has been really slow for me ive never experienced any hunting season like this. 9 sits and all I have seen is one deer ass and it flicked its tail like it was giving me the finger. The next 2 days here in Wi are suppose to be some big time winds of historic proportions so I wont be out until hopefully Thursday. I will keep you all posted and sorry for being MIA. Good luck and be safe. Peak
Old 10-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

going out tomorrow afternoon through sunday shot one button buck opening day nothing great buts its meat in the freezer also been seeing a monster eight crossing the road onto my property at night so hopfully when rut comes he will walk on by me and leave with an arrow in him good luck guys.

Ny,
Old 10-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Bartender

Team member crenth has a nanny down and Congrats Bro! Thanks for the text, T
Old 10-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I nailed a nanny as well, this past Tuesday evening! She was a porker. Plan to be heading back out tomorrow and Saturday. Hopefully with the temps dropping, some of the bigger boys will start to move around a bit more!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.