2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 14 Official Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

Been out a couple times so far. I have to make an adjustment to my plan of attack. My neighbor has CRP fields to the north of our farm where the deer have been bedding. We have 3 acres of standing corn and a 15 acre alfalfa field on the south side of our farm where the deer come to feed. I've got 3 small food plots stationed between the CRP and the primary food source. The plan was to intercept the deer as they stopped for an appetizer at one of the small plots before heading to the main course. The first time I went out, I jumped the buck in the pic below, as he was bedded not 40 yards from one of my stands. Why the heck was he bedded there? Well, it turns out, my neighbor has mowed his CRP fields. Now the deer are bedding in our woods between my hunting plots and the corn/alfalfa field. Yesterday, I hunted in a set that's hung between where I jumped the deer the first time out and the standing corn. He gave me the slip again. He has evidently altered his travel route because he was spotted in the alfalfa field right before dark with another good buck. I think I'll be able to get out there Wednesday evening. If so, I'm going to setup right between the corn and alfalfa. Hopefully he'll show up before dark and I can get us on the board.

Hope you all are doing well. Good luck.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Good to hear people are getting out. I was out a couple times last weekend, saw deer again so that' encouraging. Right at dark there was a big bodied buck chasing some other deer around, then came and stood broadside in a shooting lane. It was a big mature deer but just too dark to see how big his antlers were, i was drawn on him but couldn't let the arrow fly. Anyways good to see bucks, hopefully the trend continues and you guys are seeing them, good luck to everyone!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Spike

hey guys, ill be out this weekend fri-mon morning, hopin to see something big!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys it's Zs93 checking in, hope Im not too late. Im in Wisconsin so only been out a couple times, nothing serious so far. I will check in more often....
Old 09-30-2010, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

Went out yesterday. No luck catching up to the buck I'm after pictured above. I wasn't able to hunt on Tuesday evening because my wife had something going on and I had to watch the kids. My uncle stopped by the house and said he saw two big bucks in the alfalfa field where I planned to hunt next time out.....on Wednesday!

Times running out to still catch them in the normal routines before their hormone levels really change their patterns. Can't hunt again until Sunday. Hopefully I can catch him then.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

I was able to get out Weds evening. Did not see anything but it was good to get out.
Looks like sometime next will be the earliest I can get back out.
Good luck everyone and stay safe!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Spike

was out this morning and saw a young fork and a doe, still waitin for the big guy
Old 10-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Fork Horn

Made it out Wed morning and had my best sit of the year so far. Had 7 does within 15 yards and had 2 different bucks come in, one of which was a about a 125 inch 3 year old that I have a bunch of trail cam photos of. I was quite suprised, he grew in person, Cant wait to see the big boys I have on cam
Old 10-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys I've been out a couple times here in Wisconsin. I have 400+ acres in Buffalo county and another small property close to home so I am hoping to score some points for us. Looks like some of you guys have your eye's on some pretty nice one's too. Good luck and look forward to us getting on the board.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

^^ Hey I'm in Buffalo County too!

Seems like we have quite a few people here in the Midwest, we better get to work soon! I'm going out this weekend, it's just youth hunt so we have to wear orange in the tree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.