2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 14 Official Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

I went out Sunday evening. No luck with any of the bucks we've been seeing. I did hammer this old doe that was the most skittish deer I've ever seen. I've seen her several times over the past few years but never had a chance to take her. She would walk through the woods a step at a time, nose in the air, head turning, ears forward, foot stomp, then trot 30 or 40 yards and do her routine again. I've never seen her relaxed. If there were any other deer in the area, she always made them nervous. Well, this time her trot happened to stop about 6 steps from my tree. She was a good one to take.

Probably won't get back out until the weekend. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Doubled. I'm hoping this weekend I can at least test out the new setup on a doe, but if like last time there's bucks around I'm not going to complain

Downside is that it's youth hunt weekend, so while bowhunters can still take a buck you have to wear orange in the tree... and next weekend's t-zone so even if you hunt with a bow it's doe only. crappy. oh well try to make the most of it this weekend, the season's going by quick!

good luck to everyone who's going out this week/weekend!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

Any update guys?
I've been out a couple evenings, seen one button buck.
It's been real slow around here.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

pretty slow this weekend, it didn't help that it got up to 83 degrees. One 6pt below my stand was the only buck sighted for me. Won't get out this weekend, hopefully the bucks will start moving the weekend after that.

I did see the bobcat that was on one of my trail cams, it was right at first light and it chased down a rabbit. pretty cool to see.

hopefully it picks up for all you guys!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Spike

Ill be going out this weekend, it looks like it will cool down a bit which will be nice!
Old 10-14-2010, 04:13 AM
Typical Buck

I was able to get out last night, did have a small rack 5 point come in and mill around my stand for 10 minutes.
Hopefully I will be out this weekend as well, sounds like we have alot of rain moving in so who knows.
Stay Safe
Old 10-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

My uncle called me yesterday late morning. He's got a sweet place tucked back in the woods overlooking about a 100 acre hillside of wood strips and CRP. He said he saw three bucks moving through in the morning and it looked like early rut activity and that I needed to get out there this evening. That's all I needed for an excuse to leave work an hour early.

I saw two small bucks cruising the woods. One moving through a couple hours before dusk and the other moving through right at dusk. They did look "rutty". Hopefully the more mature bucks will start kicking it in here shortly as well.

GLTA.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Well I havnt made it out much in the last couple weeks, been busy helping the faimly farm on my days off of work. Hopefully going to get out tomorrow night.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to try and make it out some morning this week. I picked up a new Hoyt Maxxis 31 Tuesday. Man is that ever a sweet shooting bow. So I am really looking forward to getting my first deer with it.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Spike

have been out since friday morning and have seen a couple does, and a basket 8. has anyone tried an light rattling with any luck yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.