2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

TEAM 19- Brotherhood of the Bow

Old 11-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I made a marginal hit on a 4x4 this evening. Waiting till morning to look for him. He was pumping some pretty good blood while he was running away.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's fingers-crossed that you find him Rammer!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Hope you get him Rammer!!! we need some bone on the gound if were gunna compete with these other guys. Good luck to all you!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck this morning! Hope you find him.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did a couple hour search this morning. Found some very good blood, then my blood trail ran out when he got into the creek. I just came home to get my chest waders. Where he crossed the creek I can smell what appears to be the smell of a dead/rutted up deer. I'll keep ya posted, waiting for my buddy to get here to help. I did find my arrow 40 yards from where I shot him from, it is fully intacted, dark red blood, with lots of bubbles on it. The deer was quartering hard at 35 yards, I hit him half way in between his front/back legs, arrow exited in his arm pit area on opposite side. I'm thinking I got bottom liver, and one lung. Hopefully, I find him an can perform an autopsy.....
Old 11-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Cool

Good Luck Ram finding him, look for the birds to lead ya.
Praying for a good ending and a great story my friend.
Rocky
Old 11-19-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rammer
I did a couple hour search this morning. Found some very good blood, then my blood trail ran out when he got into the creek. I just came home to get my chest waders. Where he crossed the creek I can smell what appears to be the smell of a dead/rutted up deer. I'll keep ya posted, waiting for my buddy to get here to help. I did find my arrow 40 yards from where I shot him from, it is fully intacted, dark red blood, with lots of bubbles on it. The deer was quartering hard at 35 yards, I hit him half way in between his front/back legs, arrow exited in his arm pit area on opposite side. I'm thinking I got bottom liver, and one lung. Hopefully, I find him an can perform an autopsy.....
RAAAMMMER. What did or didnt you find? The suspense is killing us!

Good luck this weekend guys!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have some bad news guys. I spent 7 hours looking yesterday for my buck, and never found him. The area I am hunting is a mile long, with alot of willows, creeks, stockdams in it, and it is surrounded by corn. Lots of area for a deer to hide or die.

Rifle season starts tomorrow here so I will do some more looking while I am in there rifle hunting. The coyotes will give him away for me I'm hoping. I don't think there is anyway he is still alive, but deer are tough critters.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Tell me your not putting your bow up for the year? This team is counting on one of those 170" bucks that you have walking around you. LOL. Dont give up!
Old 11-20-2010, 04:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry Rammer... wish I could say that has never happened to me...
I scored yesterday on the last day of bow season on my largest bow buck to date... He is a main frame 8 w/ some trash at bases... I'm guessing he's gonna score around 130". I will get the tape on him soon and some "official" pictures. Saw tons of buck.. .many shooters out of range.. passed on several 110" or so buck... probably could have shot 12 different bucks and 30 or so does... probably saw 50 bucks and 200 doe over 4 days of hunting.
I shot this guy at 35 yards... he only went 40 yards.

Last edited by Western MA Hunter; 11-20-2010 at 04:24 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.