2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

TEAM 19- Brotherhood of the Bow

Old 10-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Spike

saw one good buck past up a bunch of small ones, and shot a big mamma doe. summer sausage time lol good luck guys
Old 10-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, back from OH... rather discouraging trip.. very warm... bad moon... very little deer moment. I did manage to get a shot on a nice 130 ish 8... he came in right under me... only shot I had was straight down under me at about 4 yards... missed the spine and put it right through him. Shot must have been back a bit... tons of blood on arrow and great blood trail, but then just lost it... covered every inch of ground with buddy and 2 guides... no luck... very discouraged.. still sick about it... one of the largest, if not the largest, with the bow. ugh...
That was on Wed.. saw a few does way out of range and one little 4pt Thursday..
Took a nice doe last night to get some meat in the freezer. Left OH last night at 10 pm and got home around 8am today...
Haven't slept yet... went out in a spot here in MA tonight, but with no luck.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

just got a call from guides in Ohio I hunted with... they found my buck about 50 yards from where we gave up w/ no blood. Lost him Wed afternoon. Found yesterday. Dogs ate him up, but they could still clearly see the entrance wound from my straight down shot.
I will get a pic up soon... but unfortunately I do not think I can enter him into the contest.

Last edited by Western MA Hunter; 10-24-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: adding picture
Old 10-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

I would write Chistine just to make sure!!! You did kill it with your bow, you even let us know the story before they found it. Maybe a picture with the cape and your bow will suffice. If not, we didnt lose anything by trying. What did it score? Make sure to post pics when you get it.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think they officially scored it yet... they said they figured high 120s... the left beam only has 3, which i did not notice, so that will hurt score for sure...
I did PM Christine already to double check. I shot it w/ my z7... i shot the doe 2 nights later above.
love my z7.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that. That sucks that it was dead and they found it just a couple days later. It happens to everyone at some point in time. Was that wire on his right side?
Old 10-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

dried velvet...
Old 10-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Spike

Nice buck Jermelott, way to get us on the board. WMH, nice doe, sorry to hear about the buck, at least it was found, and that is weight off your shoulders.

Sorry I've been away for sometime. Just had a baby boy (future bow hunter) a few days ago, his name is Mason and was 8lbs 15oz.

I'll start hitting the woods on Sat morning. Just in time for the rutt to start up around my way.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats kreagerj... welcome Mason!!!! that is great news...
Old 10-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new boy, nothing in this world better then when they come out screaming. Good luck on the deer. The November season is almost here. I will be archery hunting while 99% of others will be hunting with a rifle. I know some good spots and am hoping the deer gets pushed in and I will be there waiting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.