Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

TEAM 19- Brotherhood of the Bow

Old 11-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Hey fellows haven't been bow hunting since my uneventful trip to Alabama. Just got back from Wyoming this week tough. Went out there on a mule deer, antolope gun hunt with one of my buddies. Filled out both tags. Got my Antolope on this first day. Oh yeah Wheatley I noticed that you are from Wright,Wy. We hunted the goats just out of town there. Trying to add some pics.

And here is another. This was my first trip out west to do any hunting. What a great time.

Next photo's are of my Mule deer. we hunted 3 days and finally located this one. There were actually 2 there I liked this one the best. The other was a little wider but this one had bigger forks and is quite a bit taller. For my first hunt I am very excited and happy with both these animals.

Here is another photo of him. I will be getting both animals mounted. Hartman taxidermy will be doing the work he is in Sheridan,WY. I guess i should get them back around Jan. of 2012. I wish it could be sooner.. By the way any one that trurly loves deer hunting or just being outdoors would absolutey love Wyoming. Wheatley i am truly envious of you and where you live. everyone have a great season. My next trip will be a 4 day trip to indiana. It will be gun season but I will carry my bow trying to score one for the team. Jerry
Old 11-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice goat and buck okee! Congrats!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats...
finally had a bit of action last night in NY...
got to my stand at 4pm... check trail camera and had a spike right below tree at 3pm... around 5 pm I caught movement and had a 4pt start coming in... a doe busted out of the thicket and he chased her for a bit and then came back.. got to about 30 yards, but no clear shots... then he got my wind and turned and walked away the way he came.
At least they are starting to move during daylight...
these cooler temps are definately helping.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice goat and mulie. What area for antelope were you hunting? Is that just south of Sheridan around the Bighorn and Story area where you got the mule deer? I love Wyoming as well and that is why I moved back. Wait until you try an elk hunt and then you will be hooked!

Did you stay around here for a few days? I am glad it went well for you.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Wheatley, what is the odds of tag for a blackpowder hunt in WY for a NR? I'm looking at doing a DIY hunt out west for my Dad and a buddy next year and Dad doesn't want to do a bow hunt and I don't think we should wait for the later rifle season because of weather. Been looking at CO and it's a draw system for BP, which I'm sure is the same in WY but wondering how long the odds are of drawing a tag.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Wheatley we were in area 23 I do believe. Hunted with my buddies friends they live just outside big horn. I know that we came into wright for lunch after killing those antolope and it was just down the road a couple of miles from where we hunted.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a friend that guides in 23. I love the Big Horn area as well. Lots of whitetail up there.

Talondale,

Wyoming really is lacking in the ML season area. I thought I heard they had a couple areas for ML but I have not been able to locate any. It is legal to hunt with a ML in the regular rifle season and that is what I have done in the past. There are no special ML seasons though. Usually you can draw the tags for deer out of state regions and you can hunt the areas within that region. In Wyoming you buy a deer tag or elk tag for that matter and you can use it for the archery season with a $12.50 archery permit and if you do not tag an animal in the archery seaosn you use that same tag for the rifle seasons. Which you could use a ML in that rifle season. Hopefully that makes sense.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Had 4 pt come by again last night.. .still no shot...
smart little guy.. managed to stick this girl on the walk out at last light.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the deer WMAH!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Spike

i shot an 8 point 11-2-10 not sure how to post pics yet should score about 115

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.