Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

TEAM 19- Brotherhood of the Bow

Old 10-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
That's awesome Jerm!!! Sounds intense... he's a stud.

NY opens tomorrow... Will be hunting there Sat & Sunday, or maybe CT one of those days.
I am actualling leaving around 11pm Sunday now for OH, so I will be hunting there Monday evening through Sat AM if need be.
I will probably not be on here again until I return, so good luck and stay safe everyone... Hopefully next time you see and hear from me I will be sitting behind one like Jerm's!!!!
Good luck brother!! I hope you can add one to the list this big.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Jerm!!!! Looks bigger than 132 to me as well...... I still havent' had a chance to get out been combining 26 days straight and guiding hunters since Saturay. Hopefully, one of these days I'll get out. Saw 2 bucks in the 145-155" range this morning.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went to our family farm this past weekend and the acorns are scarce there. Sat up on one of the few producing oaks downwind of a well worn trail. Unfortunately none of the deer used the trail and all came in downwind of me and blew out of there. Saw 4 coons. Next day scouted for more producing oaks and couldn't find any acorns. Went back to the oaks that were dropping and repositioned for the wind and where the deer had come from the night before hoping not every deer had been there last night and some oblivious buck would come in for a visit. Only saw the four raccoons again. They came to the bottom of my tree and walked all around. I guess eating acorns. My bow hunts are going to be limited to after work now and the late season.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Well fellows just got back from alabama and did not score one for the team. I personally had a bad trip as far as seeing deer goes. When we got there pick up some camera pictures and what a great viewing all 3 cards had many pictures and a few nice 8 points with quite a few other bucks in the photo's. All the pictures where taken around the green fields. So i was going to hunt green fields. Well that wasn't a great plan a couple of us hunted green fields every sit and didn't see much if any, while all the guys in the woods so a lot of deer and there was a few killed. No big bucks though. I guess I should of went to the woods but with all those green field photo's I couldn't stay away. By the way most those photo's were of Monday and Tuesday 3 days earlier. I will keep trying . good luck everyone. Jerry
Old 10-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well we were not deer hunting but my wife scored on her first elk ever opening morning of the rifle season at about 8:30. The elk were talking all morning and there were probably three different groups all around us at some point in time. The last group had three 6 x 6 elk in it and she was able to put the one that was closest to us down. They walked right in to our position and the first bull bedded down about 80 yards from us but we didn't have a shot. The next one came up a little higher and gave her about a 60 yard broadside shot. It was an awesome time, my brother wasn't to far from us and he shot about three minutes after my wife and we were all tagged out by 8:30. Had to pack the two elk back up the mountain and we completed that at about 3:00 PM and hung out the rest of the day and the next day with nothing to do.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the elk Wheatley. I hope to go to CO next year with my Dad for the Blackpowder season. Doing my homework on it now. It will probably be the only chance he and I get to go out west together as he's 73 but I hope to make some good memories.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Well we were not deer hunting but my wife scored on her first elk ever opening morning of the rifle season at about 8:30. The elk were talking all morning and there were probably three different groups all around us at some point in time. The last group had three 6 x 6 elk in it and she was able to put the one that was closest to us down. They walked right in to our position and the first bull bedded down about 80 yards from us but we didn't have a shot. The next one came up a little higher and gave her about a 60 yard broadside shot. It was an awesome time, my brother wasn't to far from us and he shot about three minutes after my wife and we were all tagged out by 8:30. Had to pack the two elk back up the mountain and we completed that at about 3:00 PM and hung out the rest of the day and the next day with nothing to do.
how about some pics Killer!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

yeah wheatley let's see some pics. By the way sounds like a great hunt
Old 10-20-2010, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are some pictures. We didn't get any pictures of the cow as the batteries went dead in the camera. I got one of all the quarters hanging at camp once I got some more batteries in.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of good eating there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.