HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest-118/)
-   -   TEAM 19- Brotherhood of the Bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest/327903-team-19-brotherhood-bow.html)

HunterOpel 10-13-2010 03:50 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Starting to get a few on camera. The dates are wrong!!Attachment 12843

Attachment 12844

Attachment 12845

Attachment 12846

Western MA Hunter 10-13-2010 03:52 AM

Opel... those are some studs... that's what I'm looking for in OH next week!
NY starts Sat... MA Monday!

jermelott 10-13-2010 08:43 AM

BBD Baby!!!!!!!!!!!! Got my first Pope and Young~~!!! Havent got an official score yet, but he scores right at 132" Im Pumped! Not to mention, I was in camp with Craig Morgan (country music singer) this week.

okeechobeefishing 10-13-2010 09:57 AM

congratsJermelott first one for the team. Heading to Alabama tomorrow for opener. Let's go team Jerry

HunterOpel 10-13-2010 06:40 PM

jermolott- SWEET!!!!!!!!!:barmy::barmy::barmy::barmy:

Western MA Hunter 10-14-2010 03:39 AM

Jerm.... sweet buck!!! Looks bigger than 132" to me!!! congrats.. that is a stud!
How was craig morgan? I hear is cool as hell.

Wheatley 10-14-2010 05:12 AM

I thought he looked bigger than 132 as well. Congrats on a heck of a buck. Nice job.

Talondale 10-14-2010 07:16 AM

Congrats! Nice buck! How about the story?

jermelott 10-15-2010 05:30 AM

Description: On the 3rd evening of our 5 day hunt, Brandon (my guide) dropped me off at a cut bean field edge and told me that a nice shooter had been seen in this field at dark the night before. So I grabbed my climber and headed into the woods in the general area that the buck was spotted. The closest good climbing tree that I could find was about 30 yards inside the field edge. It was a brisk 88 degrees and I was sweating a little (a lot) once I finally got perched into my tree. It was just before last light when I heard a deer sneeze down in the bottom. I picked my binoculars and started glassing the woods. I could hear footsteps heading in my direction, and then I saw his rack emerge from behind a white oak 20 yards away. He finally got to within twelve yards, and just minutes of legal shooting light left, I drew my bow. I could not find my peep and could barely see my pins. So I settled my knuckle behind my jaw (where it felt normal), put my 20 yard pin right behind his dark shoulder and squeezed the trigger. BAM, he hit the ground (dropped in his tracks). I broke him down at his front shoulders and he was paralyzed from there back. When Brandon got there to pick me up, we went over to him and a put another arrow in him to finish him off. There laid my first Pope and Young buck!!! I was excited to say the least.

Western MA Hunter 10-15-2010 07:07 AM

That's awesome Jerm!!! Sounds intense... he's a stud.

NY opens tomorrow... Will be hunting there Sat & Sunday, or maybe CT one of those days.
I am actualling leaving around 11pm Sunday now for OH, so I will be hunting there Monday evening through Sat AM if need be.
I will probably not be on here again until I return, so good luck and stay safe everyone... Hopefully next time you see and hear from me I will be sitting behind one like Jerm's!!!!