Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

TEAM 19- Brotherhood of the Bow

Old 10-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing new to report, seen a couple decent little bucks, but nothing to draw on..
Old 10-04-2010, 04:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Other buddy shot a 151" in OH yesterday...

On another note... new addition to the family yesterday... my mother and wife surprised me with a new German Shepard puppy yesterday... this is Stella... she was the largest female of the litter... she is the best..!
Old 10-04-2010, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new puppy.

Well I seen two of the largest mule deer I have ever seen. First one was wide and tall, not alot of mass but still in the 190" range. The other was pretty wide, very massive and stickers all over the place. Well into the 200" range. Never did get close enough for a shot. I will now have to wait until November to hunt whitetails.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wheatly congrats on your elk!

I'm still around, just haven't been on my computer much. We started combining soybeans, so been runnin hard on them. I haven't had a chance to get out hunting yet for deer. My buddy shot a 153" 4x4 opening day here.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Rammer
That's a great deer for a 4x4,oh yeah ,how are ya!
Rocky
Old 10-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heading to CT again tomorrow...
still getting tons of doe pics on my cameras... some young bucks, spikes, etc...
i'm sure some bone will show up as the rut approaches with all of the doe... i hope!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had two dogs on national forest land ruin my morning hunt. They ran the deer in a large circle around me. Saw 4 run by me but no shots. Dogs ran from about 7:30 until 10:30. Moved to my property for the evening hunt and no one saw any deer at all, which is unusual for this time of the year. Deer patterns this year on my property are all mixed up, not sure what's causing it. Probably something happening off my property because I've got thick cover and lots of acorns and chestnuts and some persimmons thrown in.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

Well opening weekend has come and gone and all I have is a sore butt. Hunted 14 hrs straight on Friday, 12 hrs on saturday, and till noon on Sunday. Had does and smaller bucks all around me friday and saturday, but no monsters. I did pass on a 14" 8 pt saturday just before dark, which was tough because of all the time I have been sitting there, my trigger finger was starting to itch. But no shot this weekend. Heading to Illinois on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!! Keep your fingers crossed
Old 10-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck Jerm... that 8 point would have been shishkabobed in a second here!
Have a good trip to IL
Old 10-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks Talondale. Hopefully the owner will get control of the dogs and the deer will be back.

Thanks Rammer, good luck when you finally do get out.

Good luck in Illinois Jerm. Start us off with a monster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.