Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

TEAM 19- Brotherhood of the Bow

Old 09-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still 3 weeks out from opening day for us. Was clearing trails and checking stands this weekend. LOTS of BIG acorns on the ground which should mean plenty of deer and turkey (and maybe bear) this year. Also found a big persimmon tree that somehow has escaped my notice. Chestnuts have started falling from the trees in my yard and had 4 deer under the trees this morning. Temp was 49F at 7am this morning. Season is just around the corner. I don't have any camera pics. I don't hang cameras unless it's in the yard under the chestnuts and that just seems to get shots of does, although I know bucks come down.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

definately cooling off around here too... Lots of nuts & apples this year again.

Taking my 6 year old daughter out bear hunting with me tonight... will have to bring the muzzleloader cuz I don't think I'll be able to pull off a bow shot in the little blind w/ her with me.
I've shot plenty w/ bow & rifle... none w/ the muzzleloader... hopefully she can experience her first kill (other than squirrels) with me tonight!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I made it back but with out a deer. I seen about 6 two points and two threes that were half decent but not big enough. I did manage to get my first elk with a bow though. I was on elk everyday and the bigger ones just didn't give me a shot. I ended up shooting a younger bull with 5 on one side and 4 on the other. He was a little ways back in and had to pack out 1.3 miles. I was tired but it was well worth it. It was awesome to have elk at about 3 feet from me. Best time in my life. Will be out this weekend were I scouted earlier in the year for some more mulies.

Welcome Jeremy.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Wheatley, glad to hear you scored on a elk would love to try bow hunting them myself. could you post some pics. Thanks Jerry
Old 09-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the Elk Wheatley! to bad we cant enter him. I finally have a couple of prospects for October 1st. It cant seem to get here fast enough! Cant wait for our team to get some bone on the ground and get on the board. I sure would love to win this thing, but its going to be tough to beat some of those teams with almost everyone coming out of the midwest!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are not the greatest pictures, it was still really early morning the next day and I had already taken one front quarter. I forgot my camera the night I shot him. It was also snowing so I think that had something to do with the grainy photos.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the elk. Any elk with a bow is great and that one is nice.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

Western MA Hunter- wish you and your daughter luck on your Bear hunting adventure.

Wheatley- Congrats on the elk and good luck on scoring on a big ole muley!!!!

Jermelott- we can still win, just takes good hunters and a little luck and I think we have all that and then some!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the Elk.. that is awesome... would love to bowhunt elk sometime.
No luck w/ bears last night w/ my daughter. We did see 2 doe coming out of the blind though about 25 yards away... that made her night!
Just spending time w/ her in the woods was worth it.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys if you ever really want to and get a chance just try and draw a general elk license for Wyoming and I would be more than happy to take you out. This area is tuff terrain but holds a ton of elk if you are willing to get to them. It's the most exciting hunt I have ever been on.

I will hopefully have some pictures of a mulie next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.