Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 3

Old 09-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
My season still isn't open but as of yesterday I finally have my 40 hours of volunteer time in. (spent 7 hours hacking down and spraying multiflora rose bushes... and I have the embedded thorns to prove it. ) The 'volunteer' hours are required in order to hunt where I do.

So.... at least I have a place to hunt now.

I have to shoot an antlerless deer first so that's my first goal. After that, who knows... but I'm hopeful.

Good luck everyone!
Is it a lease? I've never heard of this before, I kinda like the idea.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

It's park here in IL. It's controlled by the University of IL.

Limited access, 40 hours of volunteer work, an archery proficiency test, earn-a-buck and a few other limitations and constraints.... but for public land in Central IL (which is normally crowded) it's a pretty good place to hunt.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Robow,
No pressure intended...I won't have time to hunt anyway. I'm riding out in the company van with 3 of my co-workers...(Of course I could have them gut-n-drag!...LOL!)

Canuck,
GREAT story and pics! I like how that TBS buck's brows are so far apart! Did your neighbor get him mounted? Last year seemed to be the year for Triple main beams in NY. A good buddy of mine shot one in Wayne County.

Christine,
It sounds like you have a good thing going there! Whack that Doe early! Can't wait to hear the story.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to shoot an antlerless deer first so that's my first goal
Nah, being the early bird you are... NOT... your 1st goal should be to wake up and get outta bed on time in the morning to hunt
and a few other limitations and constraints....
Yep... She has to hunt the same park as me. HAHaHaHaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Were gonna have to draw straws to see who gets to set up on the Doe with triplets for opening morning.... Or who ever still has air in their tires after the morning draw gets to go after them
Old 09-24-2010, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

This is a video I did for one of my pals to help him “cope” with missing the biggest buck of his life. The video doesn’t show him missing but has footage of the buck from a few days before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U5hAOgMtrs

Old 09-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Nice video Robow45... that was a nice buck, if only you had the miss footage.

Lady Forge.... I will make a special point to park my truck so as to block you in should I experience mechanical 'issues'. Ha!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Lady Forge.... I will make a special point to park my truck so as to block you in should I experience mechanical 'issues'. Ha!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

You obviously havent seen me squeeze my little car between the locked gate and the gate stopping post at the Sunsinger

Hey I got that camera arm working great... once I finished battling the dam rachet strap... Louie said I got outsmarted by a rachet strap... go figure
Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lady Forge
You obviously havent seen me squeeze my little car between the locked gate and the gate stopping post at the Sunsinger

Hey I got that camera arm working great... once I finished battling the dam rachet strap... Louie said I got outsmarted by a rachet strap... go figure
I have a log chain.... squeeze all you want, I don't think your car will pull my truck.

We got K's treestand hung. I didn't put one up but I did find two fairly good looking spots to ambush an antlerless deer. Even saw three fawns together. They're fair game in my book. They meet the antlerless requirement and they're in handy pack-out size.

Saw a buck out in a picked beanfield at dusk.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a log chain.... squeeze all you want, I don't think your car will pull my truck.

We got K's treestand hung. I didn't put one up but I did find two fairly good looking spots to ambush an antlerless deer. Even saw three fawns together. They're fair game in my book. They meet the antlerless requirement and they're in handy pack-out size.

Saw a buck out in a picked beanfield at dusk.
Speaking of Squeezing..... Remember this one at Hunting Camp in Brown County 2 years ago ???
The 3 of us ladies entered our accomidations for the 3 day hunt and the first thing Christine does is goes in the bathroom and then yells out to us in the living room " come and see this " She points at inside the toilet bowl...and I'm thinking I aint looking but its like a car wreck... ya gotta look
I was like hey... Look What Christine Squeezed out... A Squeecker
I have a few of the handy pack-out size... ya goota love those
Attached Thumbnails Team 3-christines-squeeker.jpg   Team 3-deb-deer-back-2007.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.