Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 3

Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

I went out for our early doe season over the weekend. I had a fat doe at 38 yards but waited for a better shot that never happend. It was fun getting out anyway.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice, get'r done I still got 4 weeks in NY before but it is heating up the woods are tore up
Old 09-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Canuck33
Nice, get'r done I still got 4 weeks in NY before but it is heating up the woods are tore up
Speaking of heating up...Here in Missouri its near 90 degrees, I havent had any luck out yet.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to promising on my trail cam here either. Found out on Saturday I may have permission to hunt a two acre nursey that borders a 600 acre forest preserve. I know that no other legal hunting can go on for at least 2 miles. Gonna check it out tomorrow and see how it looks. I know the cop that works the night shift in the town has seen a few monsters in that area in the last year. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get full permission and that everything works out. Looks like I may need another trail cam and climber now!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice hope it works out for you
Old 09-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jnrbronc
Doubt if it will be me. Season doesn't start until Oct. 1 and I leave for Brazil Oct. 3. Will be gone two weeks, work. When I get back, pre-rut should be on and I won't have burned out my stands.

Nice!...What do you do for work?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Ok Heart Attackers! Let's put some bone on the board! I am itching to hunt so bad! Have to wait 4 more weeks!

Canuck, You have a tag left over from last year for that early Northern Zone? I never shot a buck during gun season so I may get up there to try and fill it.

Robow,
Where in Michigan are you? I'm headed out to Auburn Hills for work the last week of October.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
Robow,
Where in Michigan are you? I'm headed out to Auburn Hills for work the last week of October.
I live 25 minutes west of Lansing but hunt Barry County. I'd like to help a teammate out and invite you to hunt but I have to share with other lease members.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to say I wish I had a tag but I filled mine with the the two mature bucks below one was Crazy 8(5 1/2) and the 11th hour buck(4 1/2) both were taken with my TC Omega, I chased the buck I called TBS(Triple Beam Supreme) in the last pic all bow season and believe it or not unfortunately missed him twice in one day on the 7th of Nov. once at 47 yards he ducked the arrow the other at 32 yards he was chasing a doe through the corn and i shot in front of him someone hunting 8 acres adjacent to my lease got him the last day of archeryI'm actually headed up to Indian lake tonight for to Monday fro some fishing and hang out time but will be bringing the 7mm-08 and will poke around a bit for bear a few mornings

Old 09-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

My season still isn't open but as of yesterday I finally have my 40 hours of volunteer time in. (spent 7 hours hacking down and spraying multiflora rose bushes... and I have the embedded thorns to prove it. ) The 'volunteer' hours are required in order to hunt where I do.

So.... at least I have a place to hunt now.

I have to shoot an antlerless deer first so that's my first goal. After that, who knows... but I'm hopeful.

Good luck everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.