Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 3

Old 08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Well it's been a week. Still missing Three

Oh and I nominate Christine for captain .......you do know the rules.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I 2nd that nomination =+)
Old 08-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

OC, surprised you make the statement about the Central NY big bucks especially since it looks like your inthe Waterloo area. I know few hunters from that area that hunt around Mt Trashmoore and they consistantly kill monsters in the 140-160 range. NY is a sleeper state there are monsters coming from NY especially the Central Finger Lakes region. I have been putting consistant P&Y and Booner on the ground for years and with good management have seen some real beasts. Dont give up bro you will encounter a NY giant hopefully this fall!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mossy93 checking in, glad to be back at it. Sorry about the delay I been off the forums for a few months so it takes a bit to get rollin again, I'm Jake BTW
Old 08-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jnrbronc
Hey now, don't forget Iowa.
Sorry Bronc!

Is that Trailcam pic from this year? I hope so! He'd definatly add some inches to the score!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Canuck33
OC, surprised you make the statement about the Central NY big bucks especially since it looks like your inthe Waterloo area. I know few hunters from that area that hunt around Mt Trashmoore and they consistantly kill monsters in the 140-160 range. NY is a sleeper state there are monsters coming from NY especially the Central Finger Lakes region. I have been putting consistant P&Y and Booner on the ground for years and with good management have seen some real beasts. Dont give up bro you will encounter a NY giant hopefully this fall!

Hey Canuck...There are a few around but not like out west. That land you are talking about actually became a wetlands preserve this year and is now off limits to hunting so that should help grow some tines in the long run. Land around here keeps getting "chopped up" by people putting a house in the middle of a field. I am part of a lease and we do manage it the best we can so we'll see what this year brings. My uncle has some trail cams set up that I haven't checked yet...This time of year I'm in transition between fishing for Salmon and preparing for bowhunting. This is the first year for this contest so I'm kind of excited.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
Is that Trailcam pic from this year? I hope so! He'd definatly add some inches to the score!
Yup.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
Hey Canuck...There are a few around but not like out west. That land you are talking about actually became a wetlands preserve this year and is now off limits to hunting so that should help grow some tines in the long run. Land around here keeps getting "chopped up" by people putting a house in the middle of a field. I am part of a lease and we do manage it the best we can so we'll see what this year brings. My uncle has some trail cams set up that I haven't checked yet...This time of year I'm in transition between fishing for Salmon and preparing for bowhunting. This is the first year for this contest so I'm kind of excited.

Excellent! lets represent and show'um what NY has to offer! FYI I score for NBBC if you or anyone you know has or puts some big bone down let me know I can score it up for the books
Old 08-26-2010, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now I cant remeber exactly, what are the captains duties?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mossberghunter93,

Team Captains need to keep track of the team members (pm ones that don't show up and see if they can get them to post) and let the Contest Leader (me) know if a team mate gets a buck but won't be able to post a score or picture within the required 10 day time period. Also, the captains will be the people who vote on an issue in the contest if there is some type of issue that needs to be decided. (this is rare but could happen)

I appreciate the nomination for team captain but I would really rather see one of you guys/gal take that role. I'll have my hands full with the rest of the contest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.