Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"

Old 11-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats bro. Can't kill a wall hanger every year, and if he needed to be removed then so be it.

It has been so slow here it isn't even funny. The best mast crop in 23 years has everything slow. Even the deer in my yard only come out after dark. But I am still hunting, and rifle season starts monday. Usually I hunt the first three days with a gun then switch back to the bow. It worked the year before last on the buck in my avatar. With rifle season in the deer get pushed and move a lot on our posted private property so we'll see. But I will be out tomorrow and Saturday so hopefully I tag something then.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, keep us updated anytime you go out Millertime.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Millertime, congrats....you did the right thing! Ken, I feel for ya, a cool encounter none the less. All I've been seeing so far are the little guys. I know it's happening, just have to be in the right spot. It's our first firearm season this weekend so I have a little break. I'll probably be back at it around Thanksgiving weekend, then I'll have the slug gun in my hands the weekend after that. Good luck everybody!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep our rifle season opens in the morning so I will update what happens. I will be back with the bow on Thursday.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Killed a 110" framed 8pt today, will post the story and pics this weekend. Exhausted and about bloated from t-day dinner so its bed time. But I did get one on the ground again in rifle season with the bow.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Ken....I went out this past weekend and only seen does. Looking forward to the pics and story! I'll be going with the slug gun this Thu, Fri, Sat, & Sun..... Annual Family ritual.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sizing the pics and stuff, going to post them up tonight along with the score.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the buck Ken!

There's not too much new news from me. The last few weeks I've been doing a lot of hunting, but havn't been very serious, just enjoying the outdoors.
Monday was the opening day of Rifle deer season in PA; however, in my area of the state, only bucks are legal. On Saturday, I'll likely head out and try to get a doe for the freezer.

Good luck All!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

When are you gunna post these pictures and whatnot?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are the pics, I will get the score card and one of the pics up on the board this week. I been so busy, hunting everyday and freezing doing it. Its just been hectic. The point at the bottom is completely seperate from the regular main beam.

Sorry about the tongue to. I meant to put that back in the bucks mouth.
Attached Thumbnails TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-2010buck.jpg   TEAM #15 "The Rack Grabbers"-2010buck2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.