Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"

Old 10-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Just got back from Hunting since Wednesday...deer are heavy on the feed and saw a little chasing and quite a bit of nudging and pushing.

Thursday night i watched two bucks (the big boy bringing up the rear) chase a doe right underneath a stand 100yds from me, that i walked past to get to mine....he then later came back and walked past it again......arrrgh....hind sight.

Its getting ready to pop. I will be back at it Tomorrow night.

GO SOX!

Last edited by 2droptine; 10-30-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

We made it out on Saturday, the good news is the corn was cut. We also saw some chasing, sparring and a lot of smaller bucks. Also spotted a real nice 8 down by my lower stand, jumped him walking in around 4:00 pm and we had a stand off for about 20 minutes. He was about 30 yards in and I was on the edge of the corn field. Just to much thick **** to even think of taking a shot. He would move a couple steps and I would do the same grunting back at him. He finnally troted off as I pushed a little to hard trying to close the gap. I saw him about 30 minutes after I got in my stand. My buddy also saw him making a scrap about 150 yards from that stand. I'm thinking he has been marking his territory and I am hoping he will be there next weekend...

Last edited by BUCKMARK; 11-01-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Had a three way buck fight out in the picked part of this field....with the biggest one getting his ass handed to him and running for the hills weezing...was pretty funny stuff.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:05 AM
Typical Buck

well things are just getting started im my block of woods. I have passed up 4 little guys so far but I love this time of the year.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Going to try and get out tomorrow
Weather man is calling for light rain here, but up where my hunting area is could get an inch of snow.
Time to get the ground blind out and see what's moving

Don
Old 11-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Droptine, I put that in a post many pages ago. Even if you're in your stand and you see a hot doe with bucks in tow at another spot 100 yds away, move to it or you'll just watch the bucks. It's well worth it.

Last night was my first night out. Fun night, no shooters but deer every where. I started off with a few does and a dozen bucks. From spills to 8 s. They were chasing does and eating. By the time it got dark, I must have seen over 50 deer with about half all walked underneath me. Going back out tonight to a new spot my friend found.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

I was able to get out for a little while, rain and snow mix put a damper on things though. Didn't see much movement till dark then saw a couple does wondering alone.
Going to try again Thursday

Don
Old 11-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

man, everything just seemed to quit. I have passed up 6 or so little guys with the best one being a 100" 8 pt (my regret of the year I think) but I was seeing a steady amount of deer till this week. Well 3 days left till shotgun season starts on saturday. good luck to all
Old 11-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear yah, same thing in Illinois. If you believe that the moon plays a part in when the does get hot, it will be this weekend. It is the latest it has been in years and probably the last time we will ever see it this late in our lifetimes. Gives me something to get fired up for this weekend...

quote=WNYhunter;3723173]man, everything just seemed to quit. I have passed up 6 or so little guys with the best one being a 100" 8 pt (my regret of the year I think) but I was seeing a steady amount of deer till this week. Well 3 days left till shotgun season starts on saturday. good luck to all[/quote]
Old 11-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Been out and seen a ton of deer. My biggest below me was an 8 pt. Not a huge rack,about a 100. I did see 2 big shooters last week. Fri night he came with in 60 yards. I had a dozen or so does below me for an hour eating. I knew I needed them there. That 8 pt came in a also began to graze and that's when the does started to leave back behind me. Then the big one came in. Had he been just 2 mins sooner, he would have chased right under me and the does would have gone down the creek. The big one Sat night was about 200 yards running a doe back and forth.

It's been a lot of fun. I scouted a knew spot on Sunday and think I will try it tomorrow. The problem is that it's a little strip. However, if they come through, they have to walk by me. A friend said a 12 pointer with drop tines was chasing does around all morning on one end of the strip. Feast or famine is what I'm thinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.