Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"

Old 10-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

We went out this past Saturday, still just a tad warm out and storms where a brewing. We must have the only standing corn in the county on our propetry. We did manage to see a few does and a couple smaller bucks. This weekend could be the one where the deer really start moving, (if the bloody corn is cut). We also had a couple pics of a couple young bucks sparring in front of the trail cam...
Old 10-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I just saw a pic of a real nice buck killed basically on the lane my wife grew up on. Why am I telling you all this? Our nephew is now getting into hunting. When he told me this and where he was hunting, I replied back telling him I would jump up a tree behind the neighbors house if I was hunting back there. Oh well, looks like this old fart was right. Il post the pick if I remember. It looked really nice.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

I shot this buck yesterday morning at 7:40. He was chasing a doe off the hill and was shot at 28 yards. It was all I could do to stop him for the shot and I only had a couple seconds to decide. My brain yelled "shoot!" I would have liked a little better spread, but I'm happy with him, he's my biggest buck with the bow. He's an 8 pt with small brow tines. I'll get him measured tonight and post the score in the scorecard thread.

I still have 2 buck tags in VA and the next couple weeks are going to be really good.

Good luck guys!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by coryj

I shot this buck yesterday morning at 7:40. He was chasing a doe off the hill and was shot at 28 yards. It was all I could do to stop him for the shot and I only had a couple seconds to decide. My brain yelled "shoot!" I would have liked a little better spread, but I'm happy with him, he's my biggest buck with the bow. He's an 8 pt with small brow tines. I'll get him measured tonight and post the score in the scorecard thread.

I still have 2 buck tags in VA and the next couple weeks are going to be really good.

Good luck guys!
NICE...were on the board..Good looking buck the rack looks like something you see on a mule Deer the way its shaped..

Its starting to heat up in the Woods here in DE, the deer are starting to chase and the acorns are still falling by the gallons..

Good luck to all!!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by coryj

Good luck guys!

You caaaaaaan PUT IT ON THE BOOOOOARD......YES!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice...very nice...great job...
Old 10-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys its really starting to get good..I was on stand tonight and just about as soon as im about to pack up and get down about 6:30 "got really dark early tonight" but i stand up and turn around and hear a stick break so i start to look and i see a Big deer, good sized white chest and coming twords me, well he gets about 10 yards and hits this holly tree and starts making a Rub and a scrap not 10 yards from my stand..Couldnt really tell how many points or what but he had a nice sized body and rack with Bright White antlers!! (the only way i could tell it was a nice buck) But the best thing about it is that he had no idea that i was there on stand i just stood and watched as my Heart beat out of my chest!! Really cool to see that, wish i could have added him to our Total but it was just to dark to shoot..

Will be back at it this weekend hopefully, there is a nice cold front coming through that should have them up and moving..

Goodluck to ALL!!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is looking like it will be a great weekend here, a cold front moving in, super high winds this past week. Just hoping the corn is cut. We plan on being on stand most of the weekend, it is almost like our first real time hunting this year.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 2droptine
You caaaaaaan PUT IT ON THE BOOOOOARD......YES!
Let me guess a White Sox fan........eeeeewwwww

It could be, It might be.......It is...Holy Cow

Don
Cubs Win, Cubs Win
Old 10-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Saw another nice buck Tuesday night, but I couldn't pull him away from his doe. The closest he came was 55 yards, but I did get some good video of him. Nice 8 point, wider than the one I shot, but shorter tines and his one main beam was broke off.

Saw a couple of does last night and this morning. Tonight I saw a nice wide 6 point, but I couldn't get a shot at him. I'm off all week and hope to put another one down. Over night low of 36 here in VA, things should be getting really good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.