2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"

Old 10-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

Well even though it doesn't count for the contest, I was with my son this morning when he killed his first deer with a bow. Igt was a 5 yard shot and she ran about 50 yards. And I had a front row seat in another stand 40 yards away. It was a great morning. Good luck to all.
Attached Thumbnails Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"-scottys-doe.jpg  
Old 10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

AWSOME fine looking doe...tell your son congrats, nothing like killing the first deer with a bow!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
Well even though it doesn't count for the contest, I was with my son this morning when he killed his first deer with a bow. Igt was a 5 yard shot and she ran about 50 yards. And I had a front row seat in another stand 40 yards away. It was a great morning. Good luck to all.
Congrats to your son for a job well done...

We are planning on hunting this weekend, they are cutting corn in some of the nearby fields and hopefully they will get to the corn on our property. This could turn out to be a great weekend...
Old 10-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

congrats all ways great to be there for the first harvest

don
Old 10-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guy's not posting for some time. It looks like everyone is waiting for the weather to break and the late Oct/Nov hunting. I have smart teammates!! Been working a lot of late ot in work. I was out one morning and one full day. I seen some small bucks and a few Doe. BUT!!! Its time for my KANSAS HUNT!!!! I leave from Philly airport 7am Sunday!!! 7 days of Bowhunting in Kansas unit #5, pinch me I thing I'm dreaming. The weather looks good, could be cooler but no rain and not hot on the 10day forecast!! I wish it was a new moon and not full, oh well. Looks like a great week !!!!! Wish me luck and I will do my best to score for the team!!! GOOD LUCK YOU ALL AND BE SAFE!!!! KANSAS HERE I COME!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Well my hunting partner just killed a nice 140s 11pt with some palmation, kickers, and one tine broken off already on Thursday morning....but nobody else is seeing much in the way of big bucks.....was definitely an outlier....he rattled him in from upwind.

I have 3.5 more days i need to work this month...i think i may just go straight thru and get it done Sunday to Wednesday as it looks like the temp drops finally on thursday if this forecast holds.
At that point i will be eating sleeping and breathing Deer hunting all the way thru to shotgun season. Cant wait. See what i can do to get a big one on the ground for us.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Dominant Buck

So, no one scored yet? Still haven't hunted, just killed a lot of brain cells on bourbon st, lol. So far been just out looking for arrowheads. Hunting is coming soon!!!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

I'm going out tomorrow
It's starting to cool off some
We'll see what happens

Don
Old 10-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

well I think I should have signed my son up on our team He just shot 2 more does last night. Found 1 and went back to find the other and it was already smelly. If I can only get one to walk in front of me...LOL
Attached Thumbnails Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"-cell-fone-pic.jpg   Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"-scotty-bb.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Hunted this morning, saw does only. Its warm out. Huntin in a Fn T-shirt. Wasting my time.

We have a wind storm coming in today They are talkin 30 to 40mph sustained with gusts over 50mph....looks like it wont end until Thursday evening....and i'll be waitin for em to get up. Plus friday morning should be real good with a low of 27.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.