Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"

Old 09-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

This is actually a documentary about Lyme Disease. Do yourself a favor and set aside some time to watch this. It starts out kind of slow but by the time its over you will be sayin WTF!

I have always been concerned about getting Lyme disease, but really didnt understand it until this video was brought to my attention. I would have thought i would have stumbled across this some where thru the outdoor community, but surprisingly to me, it came from a completely different source.

But i think it is important that we are all aware of the situation with Lyme as we are at risk for exposure.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Old 09-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTER818
LMAO...Knock on wood they must not like me, but they rank up there with mosquitos and nats and poison Ivy. Hate the bastartds.

Off to the woods tommorow will let you guys know how it turns out!
You don't get them that far north. The only time I ever got them before and even all that seriously was in VA just below DC about 50 miles. Here in NC, it's nothing to walk 10' into the woods and hit a nest of 100+. Ouch if you're not sensitive enough or paying enough attention to the fact they are crawling on you.

As far as Lyme goes, you really have to wait until you have the symptoms if you're an outdoors man. I have several members in my family who has come down with it and they are anything but outdoor people. I get tick bites about 4 to 8 a year. Some have gotten really nasty with itching and and what looks like a bullseye mark. I finally went in to please my mother for a blood test. All negative for tick born stuff. When I was speaking to my doc, I asked how is it feasible to come in at every tick bite? She agreed.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Hatchet,
I'll be hunting around Pittsburgh in the Carnegie area, my sister and brother in law live there. I've got vacation scheduled for 10/23 through 10/30 to hunt PA. Work obligations kept me from going up MD last week and I won't be hunting there at all, only VA and PA this year.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

We did our final check of the property this past wekend. We finally hung a stand on the far side of the pond, we should have done this a couple years ago, but it is a tough spot to get in and out of, maybe thats why the deer like it so much. We also pulled the card on the cam and there are a couple of decent bucks on it, I was surprised at the lack of pictures of does...
Attached Thumbnails Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"-mdgc0013.jpg   Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"-mdgc0014.jpg  
Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

So I dont know if I am still on Team #2 or not....

this past month has been crazy and this is the first time I have had to log on to the forums. I got married, then went off for the honeymoon, the started my last year of college...

I am 23 and am hunting Bucks County, PA....
Old 09-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Team 2 is looking good. Do we have a name yet?I have been seeing alot of good deer this year.I cant wait for the season to
start!Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"-kansas-3.jpg   Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"-kansas-pic.jpg  
Old 09-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BlueRanger1
Team 2 is looking good. Do we have a name yet?I have been seeing alot of good deer this year.I cant wait for the season to
start!Here are a few pics.
I see most other teams have their name in the thread title now.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pa_yote_hunter

this past month has been crazy and this is the first time I have had to log on to the forums. I got married, then went off for the honeymoon, the started my last year of college...

Hey pa yote hunter I live and do most of my hunting in Bucks county, CONGRATS !!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pa_yote_hunter

Sorry Yote it looks like your not on the team!! BUMMER!! Checkout the team list, your not on it. Good Luck this year . Hey we can hunt Doe this weekend in 5c, thats cool !!! Be Safe !!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Ok, opening day in MD on Wed but I will be in Border Town USA ducking drug runner bullets, LOL. I'm actually getting excited now this season. I know of a pie bald in my moms neighborhood. I've known it for month and have thought about hunting it. However, this weekend she said she had a big buck in the yard and a person We grew up with that lives around the corner had a dozen bucks in her yard. She said she quit counting points. I have a few spots I can jump a tree pretty quick in the funnel areas and see what walks by.

Bottom line, I will put a buck on the board. The only question is how big. I want to get my right shoulder fixed before the great Obama healthcare rates kick in next year, so the sooner the better for me.

Good luck guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.