Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"

Old 09-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mbhutton
All sounds good to me. Time is very limited so i dont really check much, if you need me drop me a pm, that goes to my email on my phone so i can respond quickly. Good luck fellas
Sweet

[x] Team Captain
[ ] Team Name
Old 09-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well all was Well in the Deer Woods tonight Didnt get a shot at any deer but was a real learning Curve.. Im in my Stand at about 4:30 and its HOT AS HELL and at about 5:45-6:00 the first deer come out in the feild, but at about 50yards from where they were coming out so right then i knew i wasnt going to get a shot at anything. Then at about 15-20 minutes before there were a couple of more deer coming out and the last one was a nice looking buck could really get a good look at him but he looked nice.

So tmmrow im going to get out there early and move my stand in between where they are coming out now and where they were coming out. And not use that set for about a week or two. B

BUT all in all a nice night out in deer woods!!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw BF has my vote !

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

BH818, must be nice to be out there already. Anybody else from the team hunting yet? I can't start till oct. 16th....grrrrrrrr good luck everyone.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
BH818, must be nice to be out there already. Anybody else from the team hunting yet? I can't start till oct. 16th....grrrrrrrr good luck everyone.
Nope, Opener is Oct 1....so just waiting, getting ready.
Gonna be in the mid 50s in the morning with a high of 68 tomorrow....gives some hope for a cool fall...i'm lovin it.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Dominant Buck

IL hunters, when is bow season and what do I need to do for a hunting license? Sorry about asking but I've been busy. I'm now following up on my opportunity to hunt there. Il see where it goes. It will be only a few days at best. I've already connected my person in Md and he's all ready to go. Looks like a great season. If I don't even go anywhere, I've got plenty. Of spots in Md.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse
IL hunters, when is bow season and what do I need to do for a hunting license? Sorry about asking but I've been busy. I'm now following up on my opportunity to hunt there. Il see where it goes. It will be only a few days at best. I've already connected my person in Md and he's all ready to go. Looks like a great season. If I don't even go anywhere, I've got plenty. Of spots in Md.
Season Starts Oct 1.

IL DNR WebSite

You can check the website to see if they have any permits left i think.

Non-resident Permits and Limits
An unlimited number of non-resident archery
antlerless-only permits ($25.50) will be available
to any non-resident from license vendors.
Non-resident archery deer hunters are limited to
one archery combination deer permit for the 2010
hunting season. This permit includes an eithersex
and an antlerless-only permit. The fee is
$411.00 plus a processing fee. These permits are
not available at hunting license vendors, but will
be allocated via a lottery. Non-resident hunters
may apply for the lottery during the period June 1
through June 30

Last edited by 2droptine; 09-03-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

After going through all the post so far it looks like our team name is going to be

I Saw Bigfoot

now if some one could put together a cool looking avatar we'll be set
still haven't heard from our missing member so i'll see about getting an alternate assigned.

Don
Old 09-05-2010, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Went the did the final trim job on the sets yesterday....wow stuff really grows over a summer. All good to go. One spot in particular i can not wait to sit during to rut...standing there u can just feel its gonna happen.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our season starts Oct 2nd , but we do have a early doe season that starts in two weeks in special regs area. I will hunt in that to get some meat in the box. I have a hunt booked with Safe Valley Outfitters in Kansas the last week of Oct. That can't get here fast enough!!! I still have some stands to hang but I been working so much OT I'm a little behind this year. I have 5 farms to hunt in Bucks co PA that are some nice spots. I also hunt on some islands and shore line of the Delaware river that have some nice Bucks . I seen a BC Buck out there last year that I hope lived to see another year!! A real MONSTER!!! Right on the door step of another year !!! I'm getting pumped!!! Can't wait!!!!

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.