Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"

Old 12-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

I would let him lay, I hit the biggest buck of my life this year & let him lay for 4hrs. I jumped him only 150yds away & he never bedded again. After many hours of searching with some help we never found him, hopefully he lived! Unless the predators get him you shouldn't lose much meat. JMO

Good luck with the search!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys in about an hour ill be looking for my deer, i decided to let him go overnight, we didnt get any precip over night either so i should be able to get right on the blood trail, i just hope the predators didnt get to him first.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just got home from tracking the deer i let lay overnight, he only went about a 125 yards from where i shot him, bad news is the wolves ate his whole left hindquarter and the back end of the loins, but at least i found him. He neck was really stiff and hard to get a good pic. The shot i put on him wasnt as far back as i thought, it entered the back of the ribcage and must of deflected and came out just behind the front shoulder on the opposite side, so i think he probally died pretty quick but who's to know. im pretty happy with him he's no big buck but for this area but he's a decent buck and he's my second biggest bowkill from my primos predator den ground blind. Ill put a tape to him and post up the score next week in the score thread. Its been a long season but it finally paid off in the end. And hopefully he will give us enough insurance to win this contest.
Happy New year!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"-dscf0582.jpg   Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"-dscf0583.jpg  

Last edited by finner; 01-01-2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: .
Old 01-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

Nice work finner!

I was out thursday but didn't see anything excepts a few squirrels. I'm not sure if i'm gonna make it out again though.

Have a happy new year everyone!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Finner
Way'd a go bud,still got the whole other side to put to use,you have snow on the ground so the meat should be good. Looks to go close to 100 for score, great job on your persistance at getting one on the ground. Happy New Year and God Bless.
Rocky
Old 01-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Spike

awesome job finner, what a way to start your new year!!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys! i still cant believe he had his antlers still, im sure glad i shot him when i did and not last evening, we ended up getting about 8 inches of snow last night. Now its time to start ice fishing.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Spike

Awesome job Finner....way to hang in there!!

Happy New year to all of you and I hope you all had a great Christmas!

I work retail in the hunting industry so have not been on here much. This coming weekend will be my first weekend off since mid November and I'm going to be in a tree at the farm for three days!! I don't have to kill anything...just love being out there.

I do have one buck and some doe tags left. And I may do some coyote hunting.

Congratulations to a great team....sure has been fun.
Thanks guys for letting me be a part of it.
Diann
Old 01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

The Contest
When does the contest end ? Anyone still hunting?
Rocky
Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

I will be out to finish up the IL season this weekend. Have been out a few times lately and shot a great doe last week. I've been consistently seeing a number of medium bucks but nothing over 110 inches. I'll just shoot does instead of taking a buck I don't really want. Hopefully, something in the weather will bring the big boys out over the weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.