Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"

Old 12-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well the buck i was after left me a christmas present by my stand yesterday, he shed the big side of his rack, then to top it off hunting last evening he comes in with just the big old spike left on his left side as if to tease me and say ha ha you cant shoot me now. He offered me several nice shots at him too but couldnt shoot him due to antler restictions here in the u.p. i also had another 1 1/2 year old buck come in that had lost his antlers. I guess i will have to fill my last tag with a doe come this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"-dscf0580.jpg  

Last edited by finner; 12-27-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: to add a picture
Old 12-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

hey Finner
Sorry to hear there dropping already, I know you deserve one for all the time you put in /
Happy New Year bud
Rocky
Old 12-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Red face

Besides Finner
Do we as a team, have anyone else still hunting ?
Rocky
Old 12-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

I'll be out once more this weekend in northern wisco, but by the looks of it they might be shedding already too if they're shedding up in the UP...

we'll see how it goes
Old 12-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Still hunting Southern IL. I have a few more decent days left and activity seems to be picking up again and back to a steady feeding pattern. I had a really nice buck last week in a food plot, but he had 3 points broken off and I wasn't looking to kill something just for the sake of killing it. I am still getting pics of some decent bucks, but cant seem to be in the right place at the right time. We're supposed to have a lot of wind and rain through the weekend, but hopefully the first of the week I'll go for a few sits. Happy New Year!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by youngfart
hey Finner
Sorry to hear there dropping already, I know you deserve one for all the time you put in /
Happy New Year bud
Rocky
Thanks Rocky, Happy new year to you too! and to the rest of the team!

Good luck Shawn and Blake!

Last edited by finner; 12-29-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

Hope all of you had a good Christmas & hope you all have a great 2011!

I went out about 3wks ago & passed up this little 10pt. I'm visiting family in TN but will be back in Illinois hunting sunday morning.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"-img00569.jpg  
Old 12-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys i shot one this evening right before dark either a 6 or a 8 couldnt tell if he had brows or not, bad part is i hit him back to far as i watched the lighted nock hit him. As i was about to release he walked forward. Gave him a few minutes and went and recoverd my arrow, i got a complete pass thru but the arrow had the dreded gut smell. dang im bummed, i hate to leave him over night were supposed to get frezzing rain/snow. im hoping he didnt go far and bedded down. im torn between going later tonight or letting him lay till moring, what would you guys do? if i let him go over night the yotes or wolves might have him by morning. I might have to go look later tonight and give him 6 or 8 hours. wish me luck guys.

Last edited by finner; 12-31-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

Angry

Finner
Trouble with pursuing him tonight is if he's able to get to his feet he could move a county away and you'll never get him. Let him lay for the night and freeze up. In my mind that would be your best bet. Go home and have a shot or 2 and bring in the New Year. Get up in the am and phone a few buds and off you go. Best of luck team mate. Happy New Year my friend. Talk to you next year.
Rocky
Old 12-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by youngfart
Finner
Trouble with pursuing him tonight is if he's able to get to his feet he could move a county away and you'll never get him. Let him lay for the night and freeze up. In my mind that would be your best bet. Go home and have a shot or 2 and bring in the New Year. Get up in the am and phone a few buds and off you go. Best of luck team mate. Happy New Year my friend. Talk to you next year.
Rocky
Thanks Rocky

Yeah, your probally right about going after him tonight, its crunchy as heck walking too. he would hear me comming a mile away. But the more i look over my arrow, there is no gut matter on it just red blood to the nock so im thinking i may have just clipped them at the back of the ribcage, one of my blades is all buggered too like it had hit a rib. I just worry about the meat spoiling by letting him lay too long. But im probally better off waiting till morning. it will be a sleepless night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.