2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"

Old 11-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Who Do We Still Have Hunting
Let's keep up to date and talk about what's happening out there,we need to pat one another on the back on our up's and down's, it's still early ,we can do this folks. Let's go Team
Rocky
Old 11-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

well gun hunting started this weekend in Wisco, shot another doe, not buck movement at all.... might get out after gun season a few times.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Spike

Hi guys....just got back from two weeks at the farm hunting. I shot a really nice 10 point on Nov. 11th....two days before gun season opened in MO. He roughed scored 132. Unfortunately, I have no clue how to put pictures up. I can email them to one of you if thats ok and you post them for me. I shot a great 8 point that roughed 138 on the first Monday of gun season but I am proudest of my archery buck. I rattled him in and it was freakin awesome!!!
Thanks
Diann
Old 11-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Lady's Edge
That's awesome ,was wondering where you have been,as soon as one of the guys show up, I'm sure they'll be able to help you post your pictures up. Congrats on a great buck and feat .
Rocky
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Well, a weeks worth of pretty hard hunting and I've got nothing to contribute to the scoreboard as of yet. Has lots of young bucks everywhere but only saw 2 shooters the whole time. One was about 400 yards across a field, and the other was about 70 yards in some very thick brush. Needless to say, there's a lot of season left and will be making several more trips to the woods. Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Well I got one On The Ground
He's a good meat buck at least,man the morning started of with a bang,I got in my stand after placing Will in his at 7:15at 7:20 2 does made there way by me at 18 yards. I tickled with the idea with trying a shot with the low light conditions as 1st light wasn't for another 1/2 hour. Due to the 1/2 moon and the reflection it was quite doe able. I chose to pass and was hoping a buck was on their tail. No chance,didn't have to wait long as a 5x3 showed up at 7:55 at 23 yards and was an easy shot. Pass again, at 8:02 he stepped out and stopped broadside enticing me to shoot, passed again. He walked passed me and then I noticed the left antler had 3 more points than I thought their was,dang to late. He flared his nostrils and turned his head back my way and smelled the Timber Valley Deer Scent ( 4-play )
It was like he was on a rope and went straight to it and put his nose to the ground as I drew he glanced up at me and saw no movement and he continued to paw the ground. I touched the release and off to the races he was. Man he did the 60 yard dash in record time crashing at the end to a huge crashing sound. I pumped my arm saying to my self good on ya !!. I though I hit him high and let him freeze up hopefully. Will came by and we tracked him quite fast and to both our amazement ,it was like he was waiting for the picture's to commence.
He crashed and slid the last 15 feet and hooked his left antler around the tree and rested against some deadfall like he was posing for pictures. Will said with that great big grin he's noted for there's your buck Rock.End to a great day on stand,he ended up having broken off about 15 inches of off 3 points and the left tip of his main beam from fighting which would have had him scoring close to 143. He ended up with a score of 128 3/8's
Rocky

Last edited by youngfart; 12-05-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Spike

Congratulations Rocky!! That's a great buck!!
Diann
Old 11-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a great buck Rocky, way to go brother! he sure was a warrior.

Its been rifle season here so i been out deer camp for the last week trying my luck with a the gun, but no luck either, its sure been a tough season for me on seeing bucks. Ill be back bowhunting come December wich can be really good hunting here once they start there migration south to the yards, then its possible to see 20 deer or more per sit.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go Rocky. Im with you Finner as its been difficult seeing big deer. My cameras still have most of the mature bucks moving only at night. The last main gun rush in IL is this weekend. Hopefully after that, things will get back to normal.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Rocky! Gun season is now done in wisco, i'll wait a couple of weeks and hopefully they'll start moving for me in the day again! might still get some bone for the wall this year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.