Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 11-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

Holy sh...t nice buck ACE in the hole.The rest of us are working on it , slow starters is all.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry it's been awhile boys I've been one busy guy! Still no buck down for me but did capture a friends hunt on film.. Have the next few days to get one down, I'll keep u posted! Will type more my next post
Old 11-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck AE!!

Well my KS tag went unfilled, it would take me forever to type in all the details but long story short it was really hot and windy - big bucks just weren't moving... Biggest buck I actually passed was probably in the 110 range... On next to last day I saw two solid 140's - but just couldn't get them close enough....

Working on my SD tag now... Problem is that gun season opens this weekend, which usually had a pretty negative impact on movement in my area, but I'll keep pluggin away and see what happens...

Good luck everyone!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I knew it was about time for you to kill a great buck... so I had to track you down to see what you had been up too. I was a day off. LOL WOW... that buck has serious mass !!! Great job as always !!! Congrats Masked Wonder !!!!!

Originally Posted by Antler Eater

Here you go guys, my humble contribution to Team 10 Most Wanted: 151 6/8".
Old 11-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...

You are the MAN, Antler... Congrats again. If there's any one person over the years on the forums that can have the moniker "MONEY" ascribed to them, it's you buddy!

I need to send you a Predator ballcap ... maybe make a good Christmas present, LOL. I think I've still got your address around here.

But even more importantly than seeing him, I'm looking forward to reading about him...
Old 11-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome AntlerEater!!! That is some much needed points, Congrats. This will really help our chances now.

It's been pretty slow for me lately, I've had this sinus infection that held me out of the woods over the weekend. I'm headed out on Sat, have to make up for the lost weekend.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Well gentlemen...the Gun season is upon us here in Wi as of this Saturday, no hunting allowed tomorrow. After Gun is Muzzle so it is probably going to be a good two weeks before I am back out in the woods in hopes of a late saeson Bruiser. I will be checking on here daily, as always, to see if any of my tema has had any luck but thought I would let you all know that I am "tree-less"......for now! Good Luck!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Spike

Cool

Guys I have been after em the last couple days. I'm headed out tonight. Full report to follow. Been seeing some whoppers. Passed on one the other morning.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Spike

Its been really windy and warm here in Kansas the last couple of days. I have been seeing some deer but nothing big. I have a couple of pics of some bucks working some scrapes but nothing all that great. I have been hunting the does here basically and have seen my fair share of them but for the most part the have been in groups with no big daddy in sight. I think the big bucks are lurking mostly at night with this full moon and **** eating wind. I have seen a bunch of new scrapes and rubs so I know they are around but just haven't seen anything to turn an arrow loose at yet.

I did see a nice buck this morning at 615. He walked right under me. He was one a mission to get somewhere and get bedded down. I watched a couple of does bed down this morning at about 930 so I figured the morning was pretty much done. I got down and snuck out. I didn't hunt tonight because I haven't really seen much in the evenings at all. I have three great spots to hunt. Last Sunday I saw several bucks following does and a little bit of chasing then the temps went up and so did the wind and the activity went to hell. I have a three day work week this week so I will be in the stand in my honey hole Thanksgiving morning. The weather is really supposed to cooperate so I figure they've been laid up enough that they will have to get up and move.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here’s a short vent – ha ha….. I HATE GROUND BLINDS….

Don’t get me wrong, they have their place but if it’s all the same, I would just as soon hunt out of a stand… I’ve had numerous issues hunting out of them – just don’t like them - problem is, sometimes where I hunt, there isn't much of a choice - either hunt on the ground, or keep watching deer move hundreds yards aways from your stand….

So after watching the deer move ½ mile north along a fence line, I decided I may as well break out the ground blind… First night, right at sundown, here he comes – shooter for this area - finially… But instead of crossing at 20 yards where all the other deer cross he turns and comes right at me… I’m at full draw when he spooks at about 5 yards – just didn’t have a shot.
Then next hunt, within 30 minutes of setting up I had deer around me. 2 bucks, 1 shooter (think same from previous evening) another small buck then a doe that was either in heat or close…

Of course she can’t go where she is suppose to either and now decides she is going to cut 10 yards behind my blind – here comes the shooter in tow… Only problem is that an approach from that way wasn’t what I expected (plus it’s downwind), try to get a window open because it’s either try or just sit there and let them pass at 10 yds with no way to shoot…. They knew something wasn’t right and spooked….

Guess that’s just hunting but geez, I can’t buy a break… I don’t think I’ve had a year like this – so much effort and nothing to show for it….

Last edited by SouthDakotaHunter; 11-21-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.