Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 11-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

sorry for such a long delay in updates! THIS weekend will be THE weekend when it all goes down I have a feeling! Things are starting to heat up in Pike and with this extreme cold front coming in I have confidence that something will be coming by this weekend. I will keep everyone updated... Ready to get into a tree.. been almost 2 weeks! We have some hunters from MI comin in this weekend too so it will be a busy weekend.. Keep ya posted fellas.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by -DeerSlayer-
sorry for such a long delay in updates! THIS weekend will be THE weekend when it all goes down I have a feeling! Things are starting to heat up in Pike and with this extreme cold front coming in I have confidence that something will be coming by this weekend. I will keep everyone updated... Ready to get into a tree.. been almost 2 weeks! We have some hunters from MI comin in this weekend too so it will be a busy weekend.. Keep ya posted fellas.
Good luck Slayer. I hope a few of us can put some bone on the ground this weekend. If it's 100 inches or bigger I'm shoot'n it
Old 11-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, lets hope this weekend pays some dividends gentlemen. Good Luck to all and lets see if we can close the gap on these other teams.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Fork Horn

Don't know what's going on in my area. Seems the deer are extremely scarce! Yesterday, I sat sun up to sunset in my stand and didn't even see a doe! Usually, this time of year a doe would jet past at mach 3 with a buck on her heels...but nothing. The area has tons of deer sign. On a brighter note...I'm heading to the Virginia mountains tomorrow, plan on staying most of the week. Good luck guys!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

Same thing here U2. Not seeing anything at all, I cant believe they are locked down yet. Nothing coming in to eat either. All I seen yesterday was snowflakes and a Black Bear.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Well, went out and seen nothing again, unless you want to count the one I seen in the distance thru the thick cover, about 70 yds away. Went on a little "walk-about" around my area. Seen two new rubs, one on a pretty good size tree, and torn up pretty good too.Kinda gives me the same feeling the flag does on a golf green.....HOPE! Anyone else seeing anything?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

well nothing has been going on yet this year here until tonight, the deer were everywhere. i honestly think i will have some bone on the ground tomorrow, i seen a nice 8 chasing and had him all over so we will see what tomorrow brings
Old 11-07-2010, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

I guess we are in a funk right now, I only saw 1 doe yesterday morning. We should have stuck with the spot where we keep seeing 10+ doe an outing, but we decided to hit a spot that was great last year, leason learned. I can't wait to get back out there for another go around.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Had a 4 pointer come in for about 15 minutes this morning, wandered around, could smell my Estrous leaves but couldnt figure out where the Doe was. Waited about 1/2 hour after he left and decided to glass thru the thick stuff, went to reach for the binocs and heard a "blow" looked up and seen a huge bodied buck running away from me, couldnt see the rack so well, just caught a part of it, so I dont know how big it was but his body was huge. He was standing in some thick stuff where the Sun hadnt lite up so I didnt know he was there. Go back tonight and see what it brings.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck, Team 10... haven't been on this site very much in the last couple years but I had to come track down what team Antler Eater was on.

You guys are very blessed! Take care of my buddy, will ya guys?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.