Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 10-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Spike

Yeah I hear ya. My girlfriend is extra clingy lately. She knows I'm fixin to go into hiding. Hiding in the wilderness.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys thanks for all the positives...it was a sleepless night last night, replaying the whole event. I had a little time to look this morning before some meetings, and no luck, and was pretty down on myself. So, i thought it was all over, and just started planning of getting back in the stand and hope he runs by again. Well around lunch i get a call from my wifes cousin, said he seen buzzards circling the hay meadow next to my stand. He went out there and seen nothing but horns. I GOT HIM!...Needless to say I couldn't believe it. I had to get him to send me a pic. He ran only 100yds from the stand, but not ten drops of blood all the way until he died. For northwest arkansas he is a giant, ended up scoring 122-1/2", 16" wide. My biggest bow kill for sure. Pics don't do justice, also attached the where i hit him...g5 striker...no wonder he didn't run far. the arrow deflected in him, you can see the backbone split and came out under his back leg. Just not really sure why the arrow was clean though. I am just so happy to get him.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Come one guys, i got a good feeling about this weekend and on... leaving for kansas in the morning, ill chk in when i get back, hope to see a couple people stick, and bigsugar I want to see this 190......
Old 10-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Glad you found him, and an Awesome buck for sure. I took tomorrow off here in Illinois since this wind is supposed to stop in the morning, today while i was driving around there were deer on their feet everywhere. And this morning on my way to the college there was a nice 8 point head down in the middle of a corn field by the road. I think its just about to crack here in Illinois
Old 10-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck TH22 congratulations! Way to help our team!

Let's see, that is 2 down and 8 to go!

By the end of November The 10 Most Wanted will be the 10 most envied.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trophy Hunter 22 don't forget to get a picture with your bow in the frame...
Old 10-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go TH, very nice looking buck. I'm sure that is a huge load off your shoulders.

The weather around my way is going to be low 40's in the morning and I can't wait till the morning. Taking my brother with me so one of us should see something.

Antler Eater, TH22 already has a nice buck on the scoreboard, only one submission per person.

Let's go get some bone on the ground guys!!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaHunter
Things are getting so close my palms are getting sweaty just thinking about what's to come - ha ha.... Can't wait to spend some time out in the field this weekend... I think it's a little early yet for widespread full blown crazyness - but it's close enough that anything could happen...
I'm feeling it too. Can't wait to see those boys running around with their tongues out and acting wild, love it. Last years rutt was awesome, hopefully this year will be just as fun.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

When you get my age alshiemers sets in and one walks around in a constant state of confusion. TH22 my mistake, you are the only guy to score for us so far, way to go, you are a deer slayer for sure with two bucks on the ground. That is what I get for looking at the deer and not the person, my bad....really bad....very humbling bad!

Soooo, in light of the above correction make that 1 down and 9 to go........
Old 10-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

TH - That's awesome!! Congrats on the buck!!!

Any updates you have on Kansas would be awesome, my plan right now is to leave next Friday... Can't wait!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.