2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 09-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaHunter
Nice work Bigsugar!

Got my stands adjusted a little - so should be able to spend some time out hunting this weekend... Can't wait!!!! Nothing like that 1st sit of the year!
Good luck this weekend. It feels good to be back in the stand again.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

i had a good sit this morning i seen 4 doe and a decent looking buck but he didnt want to get close enough for me to check him out better
Old 10-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening morning here, I let about a 120" go by at 10 yards or less....Just to soon to pull the trigger. Bigger and better things to come down the pike is what I believe.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Damon
Went out this morning and two Doe came under me, then again this evening and a Doe and her yearling came in. She and I had a stare down for a couple minutes more than once, then he began eating again each time. Then she finally got suspicious and busted me out with a couple of hoof stomps, went out about 30 yds and waited for her young 'un.

Looks like I will be tree hopping.

Well, I decide NOT to tree hop, should have. Went out this evening and a Doe came in, spotted me within 25 yds looked up and *bam*, she made some shreeking noises and split. No doubt I have to move. Kinda strange though, the tree I am in is surrounded by thick pines and maple but it is what it is, time to move outta that tree.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

SWEET! Good Luck Big Sugar
Old 10-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like everyoneis starting to see a few here and there. Big Sug is knckin' down some Doe, gettin' them outta the way!

Question, its beginning to get chilly here (35-40 night 60 day) in N.E Wi. I have a Cedar Swamp.....should I start sitting that or not? WHat are your guys' thoughts?

I know its still WAY early in the year, and to be honest I think my Buck is going to come in late season with the swamp and running creek and river. Right now im sitting a high point with some runs coming out of the swamp to the South and from thickets and hardwoods to the North, creek running through it.

I am thinking of walking the creek line and tell if I can see where the best runs to the water are.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Opening day here in Virginia today, but I had to work! Was able to get out around 3p for a few hours to hunt the refuge. Spooked a fawn bedded in a field. Got situated in my Summit in a white oak grove at the edge of the field. (Good funnel and excellent food and water source). Suddenly, I hear a *CRACK* from behind me and two doe come hauling butt past my tree, then disappear into the field (Field has 7' tall weeds!). I'm thinking, hmmm ok WTF?. I look through my binocs on the ground where they passed and saw blood. Figured my hunt was over expecting someone to be trailing. Dark came, got down and saw a light coming from the "crack" sound. Guy didn't feel good about his shot, had not blood on his arrow, just hair. So, he thought he'd wait. We both looked for more blood and walked through the field for a bit, but nothing. He's going back out in the morning to look. So that was opening day. DAMN, IT FEELS GOOD TO GET BACK IN THE WOODS!!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like we are underway now guys. Hopefully we can get on the board, but I have a feeling it will happen when the weather starts to cool down a bit. Keep them updates coming, they all sound great. I'm away on vacation next week so no hunting for me. By the time I get back the weather should start getting nice and cool during the AM's. Good luck guys!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Spike

Hey guys just checking in again. Doe number 3 on the ground tonight. I saw a nice buck with a double right main beam. This bastard probably weighs close to 300 lbs. He's a hog. He was chasing does in a field behind me. It was strange. He's probably a 145" cull I would have whacked him if he would have made a left turn. I saw another nice young 8 that is probably 2 1/2 years old and is already 125" deer. Really nice young deer. And ofcourse 11 does, 10 now!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Spike

Damon do they run does in that swamp? If so I would stay out until you know the time is right to get in there. No sense in taking a chance in the running area until its primed and ready. If they don't really use that a safe area to run does then I'd sit in there and see whats on the move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.