Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 09-19-2010, 04:42 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by UFunny2
Just found out I was drawn for a permit to bow hunt on the Rappahannock River National Wildlife Refuge. I put in for season 1 and 2 in a specific area and was selected for season 1 in an area I didn't select and season 2 in the area I did select. The seasons are Oct 2-15 and Oct 16-29. I've never scouted the first season area, and probably won't have time too. Hate to pass up a permit though. The second season area has been quite good to me in the past. I killed a 144 there and my son killed a 130. I guess on the bright side, both those bucks were killed during season 2. Two weeks and two days to go...

Sounds like you've had some great success during season 2. Good luck on your season 1 permit!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kreagerm
Very nice Damon.
x2

Great looking deer/mount!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. Chatter has gotten quite lately, I hope it is because everyone is concentrated on putting some bone on the board!

Anyone that is in season seeing anything? How many ppl are in season, if not when do you open?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Season opens this weekend for me but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it out or not.... It's my daughters birthday this weekend so having a party and what not - probably won't have a ton of spare time...
Old 09-21-2010, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

I was out just the one day so far. Been very busy here of late. We just got one house under contract, getting the second house ready to go on the market, as well as ready for us to move back into. Then on top of that I'm starting to put a new motor in my 65 mustang and I only have 2 weeks to finish this project before a big show 150 miles away, so it better be able to make the trip, or my wife is going to kill me .

Don't you love it when life throws you a curve ball.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

ive been trying to get things ready around my areas. I bought a new camera because the old wildview decided to quit on me. so when i went to take the new one out to my other property i hunt. i found my stand missing over there but the land owner said there is a nice deer he has been seeing so that is a plus i guess aside from the stand gone. i guess i will find out from my camera when i go back to check it thursday. not sure if i will get a chance to post until next week because i have to be in minneapolis this weekend. but after thursday i should have everything set for the 1st and be ready to hunt. The next time i will have to check my camera after that will be the afternoon of the first and hopefully if there is something nice that shows up on the camera i will be posting success photos instead of cam photos then!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 04:17 AM
Typical Buck

I was able to make it out yesterday morning, Saw 2 small bucks and a bunch of doe (like always). I want to hit the evenings but it's been in the 90's, so it's a bit to warm. Anyone else having any luck? seeing anything?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

heading to Pike County tomorrow to do our final tweeking of stands and set up our recording stands.. We are hittin it hard tomorrow! Will be going next weekend for the season opener.. We are pretty pumped heading into this season.. Corn is comin out quick!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Spike

Hey guys just checking in. Shot a doe a couple nights ago. Went back the next night to do it again and I pulled the card out of the camera to check it. Well the previous Night after I left here comes the Buck parade only about an hour after I walked in front of it. Two big boys and 4 youngsters. This place really excites me. Gonna try again next week. The full moon has them moving late here. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Had a little spindley 7 pointer under my tree last night for about 15 minutes eating acorns, first buck I have seen this year. Nothing else came in though not even a doe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.