Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Spike

Nice pics for sure. Where abouts in Kansas are you hunting again? I went and looked at a couple more spots today that really sweet down by the Neosho River. I'm sure the bucks are close to loosing their velvet here too. I haven't checked the cameras for a little while. I may not check them until season starts. I plan on hunting a bunch of different spots for the first time this year so I can get an idea of what the lay of the different lands looks like. I have acces to about 5000 acres. There is no way I will set foot on it all but with the help of my cameras I plan to scout as much as possible.

I'm looking forward to seeing some new country this season. I hope you guys score on big uns. I will probably wait until late Oct and early Nov to seriously consider launching an arrow. If I see a big deer though he's goin down like a sweet muffin.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Nice Kanses buck you have there. I like how you have the buck with the "junk" at the base, with and without velvet and only 1 day apart, very cool.

The first nice buck, 110" or bigger that comes by, will go down like a sweet muffin
Old 09-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

I am 1.2 miles to the east of the neosho. I hope to get some rut traffic off of it, being that are main creek flows straight to it. All the corn has already been cut, and the beans look to be cut around the first week of october. The farmer said this was one of the best years ever for corn, and which will help those muzzleloader guys.

The first nice buck, 110" or bigger that comes by, will go down like a sweet muffin [/QUOTE]

I second that, all we need is a 100 a piece and its on, almost time to let us have a z7 moment.....
Old 09-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Spike

Yeah it should be good early. I like to video my hunts so if you need someone to tag along and video let me know.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

I didn't like seeing our team on the second page..... Last year I was able to contribute with 111 inches. He was a 4.5 year old 6 point. If I remember correctly, he at a 20 inch inside spread. (pic attached) I've seen several bucks with chocolate racks in the area that he was killed in and it's a perfect early season area. All kinds of sawtooth oaks that are the first to spew acorns and the deer vacuum em up. I camp in an area that has some of these trees and the deer actually keep you awake at night with their crunching.
Attached Thumbnails Team "10" Most Wanted-dsc_0865.jpg  
Old 09-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, checkin back in again.. went to the ground in Pike this weekend.. Put a trail cam up and did some catfishing.. Not much scouting with all the corn we have on our property.. will be headin back in 2 weeks to check everything out and tweek my sets for the season opener. They are shellin the hell out of corn around here so it only adds to my eagerness.. I am ready to climb a tree!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Mark, I love the chocolate rack!!! Very nice deer to put on the boards, We are counting on a repeat performance
Old 09-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Shane I'm starting to get the itch myself. My season starts on Wed and I can't wait.

Looking forward to seeing the pics from your Pike property.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Not to much longer....so ready....
Old 09-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Brother has been scouting the picked corn fields.. Lets just say that it only adds to the excitement.. many good deer around the property this season.. This will be one hell of a season fellas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.