2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 08-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

Also team name suggestion.. Rut Nuts
Old 08-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaHunter
I'll be right next door in unit 14 (secondary unit of 9) :-)

You have your dates planned out? I just put in my official vacation request - taking the week of Nov 8th off....

As far as captain goes - Matt/KG if you want it, you have my vote....
I have a couple of friends that hunt 14, its funny you say dates...we was just talking about that a hour ago, when to do it...we thought that same week, but there is no moon, and the full moon isnt the 20th, so we think it may be a late rut, but its just so hard to say. I am only 1:45 min away, so may hunt that weekend of the 6th, and that will be deciding factor.

i vote for matt captiano...
Old 08-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by trophy_Hunter_22
I have a couple of friends that hunt 14, its funny you say dates...we was just talking about that a hour ago, when to do it...we thought that same week, but there is no moon, and the full moon isnt the 20th, so we think it may be a late rut, but its just so hard to say. I am only 1:45 min away, so may hunt that weekend of the 6th, and that will be deciding factor.
Yeah, picking dates is always interesting..... Where I work, Veterans day (Nov 11 this year) is a holiday, so taking the 2nd week of Nov off allows to me get a bonus day that week and take the whole week off with just using 4 days of vacation...

Also, over the years I'm actually starting to drift more along the lines of thinking that when the harvest\rutting moon occurs has minimal impact of when the actual rut occurs - but hey, you'll be lucky if a dollar and my theories buy you a cup of coffee...

DS - nice to have you on board... A 160" 4x is insane - he must have been a beast!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome DeerSlayer!!! Nice to have you on the team. Sounds like you have an outstanding management program goin on. We are looking forward to seeing what you put down this year. On Paper this team is looking better and better everyday. Can't wait to take a look at your website, I'm sure I'll be drooling.

I would be honored to be the team captain, thanks guys!!!

I'll get a new team name list together so we can start voting on that, also I can get busy on a team logo.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:55 AM
Spike

Hey guys sorry for the delay. I'll catch up on our thread tonight when I get off work. Got a couple of nice bucks located. I'll put some pics up tonight. I'm looking forward to it. I'm pretty lucky I have a little over 5000 acres of private ground to sit on. It should be a good season. Hopefully for everyone.

Last edited by bigsugar; 08-20-2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-20-2010, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

As far as a team name goes, I think we should try to be original. Some of the suggestions I've seen so far have been used in prior years. Last year we chose a name that was used a few years ago and caught grief all season. Thinking out of the box here....Team TenOnTenForTenTens (how' that for incorporating tens Matt?).
Old 08-20-2010, 04:58 AM
Spike

Guys forgot to mention my name is Andy and I hunt in SE KS. I live on the Neosho/Allen county line so I'll be close to some of you. I killed a nice 8 last year. Just over 145.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UFunny2
As far as a team name goes, I think we should try to be original. Some of the suggestions I've seen so far have been used in prior years. Last year we chose a name that was used a few years ago and caught grief all season. Thinking out of the box here....Team TenOnTenForTenTens (how' that for incorporating tens Matt?).
That's a good point - trying to find a team name that's somewhat original...

Here's another play off your suggestion - ha ha... Ten for Ten for Ten

Welcome Andy! Hopefully our team ends up with a bunch of KS bucks scored this year....

Like what I'm seeing so far - sounds like everyone is an accomplished hunter to some extent....

I know we are a ways out from the long all day sits of Novemember but does anyone else text while hunting? Last year was the 1st year texting on the stand for me and it really made those long sits go by faster touching base with other people also sitting out in the stand... If you do, shoot me a PM and let's exchange digits...
Old 08-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigsugar
Guys forgot to mention my name is Andy and I hunt in SE KS. I live on the Neosho/Allen county line so I'll be close to some of you. I killed a nice 8 last year. Just over 145.
Welcome Andy!!!! Sounds like you have one hell of an area to hunt. Glad to have you on board.

Matt
Old 08-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaHunter
That's a good point - trying to find a team name that's somewhat original...

Here's another play off your suggestion - ha ha... Ten for Ten for Ten

Welcome Andy! Hopefully our team ends up with a bunch of KS bucks scored this year....

Like what I'm seeing so far - sounds like everyone is an accomplished hunter to some extent....

I know we are a ways out from the long all day sits of Novemember but does anyone else text while hunting? Last year was the 1st year texting on the stand for me and it really made those long sits go by faster touching base with other people also sitting out in the stand... If you do, shoot me a PM and let's exchange digits...
I also text while I hunt. I usually hunt on the weekends with my brother (who is on team 19, so we have to beat them) and we always let each other know what's happening while we are in the stand. Even though I live pretty far away from you I'll surely give you my info, if you're interested?

I'm stoked about this years team. So far we have all but one member left to sign in, hopefully we hear from him soon.

I agree We should stick to an original name and if we can add the ten to the title that would be cool, but if not, that's ok too.

Last edited by Kreagerm; 08-20-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.