Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 08-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

Jason .. ill will be in unit 11, right on the neosho...you?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Hey team 10 jag-mag checking in. Im Randy from western WI, 2nd year in the contest, shot one last year nothing big. Glad to be on this team and will give it my best to score again this year.
We need a captain and a name, any ideas?
Old 08-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

K-germ gets my vote for captain if he would take it. Got a few names, Soul Takers, Bow Bumbs, Tree Hoppers, Heart Busters,
Moon Watchers, just some ideas
Old 08-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jag-mag
K-germ gets my vote for captain if he would take it. Got a few names, Soul Takers, Bow Bumbs, Tree Hoppers, Heart Busters,
Moon Watchers, just some ideas
Welcome to the team Randy. We have a great potential to put some serious bone on the ground.

I've been a captain for the past 2 years, if you all want me to be our captain again this year that would be great.

If everyone gives up some potential team names I'll get a post together with all the choices and we can start narrowing it down.

Matt
Old 08-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by trophy_Hunter_22
Jason .. ill will be in unit 11, right on the neosho...you?
I'll be right next door in unit 14 (secondary unit of 9) :-)

You have your dates planned out? I just put in my official vacation request - taking the week of Nov 8th off....

As far as captain goes - Matt/KG if you want it, you have my vote....
Old 08-19-2010, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Kreagerm
Hey Mark, You're in my neck of the woods, What part of VA do you hunt? Ever get up to MD?
Matt, I live Southeast Virginia and hunt all over the state. Mostly in the mountains in Western Virginia. I was raised in Southern Maryland in Mechanicsville and La Plata, but lived all over the state while station in the Coast Guard. Hunted just about everywhere except Western Md. It's probably been 20 years since I've hunted the state.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys I went a head and pm'd the remainder of our team so we should hear from them soon.

Mark, my brother usually makes a yearly treck to the mountains of WV, one day I'll have to join him.

Jason, I'm all for being the captain if everone agree.

Also if anyone has name ideas please let us know. Here are the ones we have so far.

1. Soul Takers
2. Bow Bumbs
3. Tree Hoppers
4. Heart Busters
5. Moon Watchers

We can also try to incorporate the "10" in the name, like top 10 list, 10 yard pin, 10 out of 10 ect...
Old 08-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kreagerm
Hey guys I went a head and pm'd the remainder of our team so we should hear from them soon.

Mark, my brother usually makes a yearly treck to the mountains of WV, one day I'll have to join him.

Jason, I'm all for being the captain if everone agree.

Also if anyone has name ideas please let us know. Here are the ones we have so far.

1. Soul Takers
2. Bow Bumbs
3. Tree Hoppers
4. Heart Busters
5. Moon Watchers

We can also try to incorporate the "10" in the name, like top 10 list, 10 yard pin, 10 out of 10 ect...
I like #2 or #5 best.... Only suggestion for team name I can think of at the moment is: Red Mist
Old 08-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

I will suggest a few. The Bone Yard Brothers? if you want 10 in it this one would work the 10 point busters. or team trophy tens
Old 08-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

DeerSlayer checkin in.
Hunt on private ground here in Pike County IL. Also have a small outfitting buisiness with my brother, feel free check out the website under this post. I have been hunting like a fool since age 13 and have taken some nice bucks over the years. a 170" 12 and a 160" 8 top my list of favorites. This is my 3rd or 4th yr competing. 1st year killed my 170" in 2005 and next year a 130" 8. The last 3 yrs I have been insanely selective when it comes to harvesting a buck. I have a strict management program and will settle for nothing less than satisfaction. I have been watching some glorious bucks over the past couple years so I am pumped for this season to say the least.Also, to add a fun element, my buddy and I film eachother all fall. Last year I filmed his kill of a 135" 8 that we had tons of cam pics of. I will be updating you guys frequently and the next messages won't be as long haha..
Team capt. can be Kreagerm seeing as he has taken most of the action, nice work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.