2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

 
Old 11-02-2010, 03:11 PM
  #271  
Typical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Kreagerm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 624
Default

Went out this morning and it was in the 20's so things should be picking up here soon. As expected the deer were traveling, I saw over 10 doe and yearlings (stopped counting they were all over the place), 4 spikes and a small 7 point, probably about 80 inches, we'll let him grow. I didn't see any rutt activity all morning, kind of thought i had a chance with all the doe walking around, but nothing. All in all it was a great morning in the woods, i'm looking forward to Saturday!!!!!
Kreagerm is offline  
Old 11-02-2010, 04:28 PM
  #272  
Nontypical Buck
 
SouthDakotaHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Posts: 1,324
Default

Originally Posted by Kreagerm View Post
Went out this morning and it was in the 20's so things should be picking up here soon. As expected the deer were traveling, I saw over 10 doe and yearlings (stopped counting they were all over the place), 4 spikes and a small 7 point, probably about 80 inches, we'll let him grow. I didn't see any rutt activity all morning, kind of thought i had a chance with all the doe walking around, but nothing. All in all it was a great morning in the woods, i'm looking forward to Saturday!!!!!
I'm seeing the same thing... Seeing some does when I'm out - few small bucks - but no shooters... Hopefully bucks should be getting bigger and bigger each time out - ha ha...
SouthDakotaHunter is offline  
Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 PM
  #273  
Fork Horn
 
Damon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: N.E. Wisconsin
Posts: 411
Default

Yeah, I had nothing this morning, at all......again.They are starting to chase though. Seen a couple of 8 pointers and a broken 6 chasing a doe at work, in the middle of the city damned near! I sit out in the middle of nowhere and see nothing!lmao!

Going back out in the morning again the rest of the week, on late shift all week so I will take advantage of morning hunts, then Friday off, going to sit out all weekend.
Damon is offline  
Old 11-02-2010, 05:25 PM
  #274  
Typical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Kreagerm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 624
Default

Originally Posted by Damon View Post
Yeah, I had nothing this morning, at all......again.They are starting to chase though. Seen a couple of 8 pointers and a broken 6 chasing a doe at work, in the middle of the city damned near! I sit out in the middle of nowhere and see nothing!lmao!

Going back out in the morning again the rest of the week, on late shift all week so I will take advantage of morning hunts, then Friday off, going to sit out all weekend.
Good Luck Damon!!!!
Kreagerm is offline  
Old 11-02-2010, 05:27 PM
  #275  
Typical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Kreagerm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 624
Default

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaHunter View Post
I'm seeing the same thing... Seeing some does when I'm out - few small bucks - but no shooters... Hopefully bucks should be getting bigger and bigger each time out - ha ha...
I keep telling myself that (bigger, bigger)
Kreagerm is offline  
Old 11-02-2010, 05:39 PM
  #276  
Typical Buck
 
jag-mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: west central,wi
Posts: 903
Default

Went out tonight seen a few does, no bucks. Took the 8th and
11th of nov off gonna try a river bottom that I have not sit yet.
Also going to sit a couple of afternoon sits during the 8,11 this old boy cannot sit all day. Have any of you guys had any kind of
success during the afternoon as far as decent bucks go?
jag-mag is offline  
Old 11-03-2010, 03:53 AM
  #277  
Spike
 
bigsugar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SE Kansas
Posts: 52
Default

Good luck you guys. Took Friday off. Supposed to by 28 here on Friday morning. They should be on the move. The rut is going here but only on certain farms it seems. Seen good rutting activity on a farm 4 miles west of the house. Have yet to see any rutting activity on another farm 2 miles south of the house. Weird. My buddy is still seeing big bucks traveling together on a couple of his farms. It's gotta start pretty quick I would say. I'm gonna try to sneek out tonight if I can. Hopefully I'll get off in time.
bigsugar is offline  
Old 11-03-2010, 05:04 AM
  #278  
Fork Horn
 
trophy_Hunter_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 112
Default

I think it is getting real close to full swing, gonna do a all day sit friday thru sunday in Kansas. Had some real studs show up on camera this last week. Ill get some pics tonight posted. Good luck to all....
trophy_Hunter_22 is offline  
Old 11-03-2010, 07:18 AM
  #279  
Typical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Kreagerm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 624
Default

I'm hopig by this Sat we should start to see more activity. I figured there would have been some action when I saw the 10+ doe that at least one would be in estress, but it didn't seem that way.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!!!
Kreagerm is offline  
Old 11-03-2010, 01:32 PM
  #280  
Nontypical Buck
 
SouthDakotaHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Posts: 1,324
Default

Originally Posted by jag-mag View Post
Went out tonight seen a few does, no bucks. Took the 8th and
11th of nov off gonna try a river bottom that I have not sit yet.
Also going to sit a couple of afternoon sits during the 8,11 this old boy cannot sit all day. Have any of you guys had any kind of
success during the afternoon as far as decent bucks go?
Yeah, I shot a really nice buck a few years ago about 1:30ish in the afternoon - but had seen deer moving all day up till when I shot him... Especially when they start rutting/cruising...

Another year I hunted until about 10:30am and then took off, did some things and went back to hunt about 3:00 that afternoon... There was a beast of a buck bedded 10 yards from my stand, staring at the mock scrape I had made... Of course he saw me 1st and all I could do was watch him bound away... So he must have came in during mid-day.... Also have had some decent trail cam pics during mid day over the years...
SouthDakotaHunter is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.