Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 10-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

Damon, I just keep an eye on the official scoreboard thread to look at the team scores as well as pics of the bucks that have been harvested. Seems like this time last year there were more bucks down then this year. I'm sure it's going to all change in just a week or so.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Yep, found it after I posted the question. Hopefully I look out for deer better than I do the posts! lol
Old 10-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Spike

Hey guys been sittin a bunch the last week. I have finally seen some nice bucks on stand. We sat last night and he came out with a younger buck. I had him at 28 yards and let him go cuz he was headed to my girlfriend who was sittin about 200 yards across the field. Well a doe cut him off and he left the field after her. He was with another big 8 two nights ago. We're headed out after him here in a about an hour or so.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

well big sugar... any luck?
Old 10-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by trophy_Hunter_22
well big sugar... any luck?
looking forward to hearing so good news BigSug.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had my 1st buck within bow range this season on tonights sit... Little 3x3 at about 30 yards.... Things should start picking up soon - can't wait!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

One more week on my refuge permit! I set my stand up on a heavily used trail in an extremely thick area. This was clearcut about 10 or so years ago full of loblolly pine, holly, and laurel. I was able to clear two shooting lanes after the first evening sit. I saw nothing the first and second evening sit, but I noticed a nice scrape did appear on the trail IN MY SHOOTING LANE! This morning I sat in the stand and a few minutes after 7, I saw him AT 15 YARDS (you cant hear anything with all the pine needle) and he was heading to my lane. Then...he bolted! He must of winded me or saw me reach for my bow..I don't know. I put him at close to 140 8 pt. Looked around alittle later and the place is full of scrapes, rubs and thrashed sapplines. All that rut sign, I might do some ratteling next time.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UFunny2
One more week on my refuge permit! I set my stand up on a heavily used trail in an extremely thick area. This was clearcut about 10 or so years ago full of loblolly pine, holly, and laurel. I was able to clear two shooting lanes after the first evening sit. I saw nothing the first and second evening sit, but I noticed a nice scrape did appear on the trail IN MY SHOOTING LANE! This morning I sat in the stand and a few minutes after 7, I saw him AT 15 YARDS (you cant hear anything with all the pine needle) and he was heading to my lane. Then...he bolted! He must of winded me or saw me reach for my bow..I don't know. I put him at close to 140 8 pt. Looked around alittle later and the place is full of scrapes, rubs and thrashed sapplines. All that rut sign, I might do some ratteling next time.
Great news on the sign!! Hopefully things work out - good luck and keep us posted!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Well found ANOTHER buck this weekend.. a REAL nice main frame 8 with both of his g2's split making him a 10. scoring in the 140's... still have yet to see a nice buck within decent range.. FRUSTRATING YEAR for us but we still have the rut and plenty of nice bucks around.. Time to buck up!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by -DeerSlayer-
still have yet to see a nice buck within decent range.. FRUSTRATING YEAR for us but we still have the rut and plenty of nice bucks around.. Time to buck up!!!
I hear you... Hopefully things heat up ASAP.... Can't get much slower for me - so at least no where to go but up....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.