2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 10-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like things are starting to get good as this weather is changing.

7 bucks found dead? Now that is disheartening, but I'm sure there are many more to take their place.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

starting to get early morning pics of good ones. it wont be long guys.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Good deal T.H. I know things around here just fell off for a bout a week, now it seems they are starting to pick up, few scrapes and rubs and the Does are moving back in, so we'll see what it brings. Definetley liking the cooler temp's though!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

After this weekend I'll be able to get out in the woods a lot more then I have been. We finally move this Sat and settlement is on next Wed. So I'm open until the next house sells

This is the perfect time and i already told the wife I will be hitting the stand as soon as this move is over. You know, had to lay the law down!!!!j/k
Old 10-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Captain, you didnt add the "!!!!j/k" cuz the Wife walked in the room did you?!?!?! lol!

Good to hear you will be getting into the woods. I am going to give it a shot in the morning. With the Full moon the deer should be moving around and little later.

Good Luck!
Old 10-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Checking in from IL, I have not had much time to hunt at all and since the doe i shot last week i have been looking for turkeys. I finally got my glory stand from last year set up and will be in it this weekend to get an eye on things. I am also going to be trying my other property this weekend since i pulled my camera and found a decent 8 pt. on it. I have not had much time to hunt because of work and college but i somehow found time last year so I should be able to get out a little bit here and there. after time change I will get to hunt more I think. I will also update when I see signs of rut starting around here
Old 10-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Damon
Hey Captain, you didnt add the "!!!!j/k" cuz the Wife walked in the room did you?!?!?! lol!

Good to hear you will be getting into the woods. I am going to give it a shot in the morning. With the Full moon the deer should be moving around and little later.

Good Luck!
LOL Gotta cover my butt in case she sneaks in to see what I'm writing. LOL

I was just talking to my brother about hitting the woods next saturday with him, so i'm excited about that. Usually one of us have good luck when we go out together. We will be going to my one property that I haven't been to this year. Last year during the rutt I had deer running all over the place, was one of my most exciting days during the rutt.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

Not sure if you all noticed but Team 4 has 2 nice ones on the board. We have to make November our month to take the lead.

TH started it up for us, now lets add to his total!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Three does and a little 4pt walked by my ground blind last night.
Things are starting to heat up a little around here finally, there's
something bigger then the 4 in the area, new rub on a 8" pine
and up pretty high, getting excited now.

Last edited by jag-mag; 10-22-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Well, Captain, hopefully the land will bring you the same fortune this year, if there are plenty there, must be something to put on the ground! Trust me I know what you mean about C.Y.A. when the wife comes around lol. G/L man.

I didnt notice Team 4, is there a way we can view who has what so far???

Jag, keep on it man!

I sat this morning and tonight, much to my shagrin, nothing, not even a *snap* of a branch.

I see posts where people are saying rut is on, I dont buy it in my neck of the woods (N.E Wi), got a couple scrapes around and a 8" Cedar thats been tore up for about a week, but nothing new on any of them, I think Halloween thru the first week of Nov. may got hot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.