2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team "10" Most Wanted

Old 10-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

Hey team hows it going ? Things look like there picking up oround
my stands, tracks, but no scraps yet, but I know he is around. Big
tracks are starting to show up. He will get lazy and let his guard
down and I will be there to collect . Just got back from my trap shooting banquet' took first place this year [ finally]. Its time to
go after him so lets do it, Team 10 MOST WANTED. YEAH
Old 10-09-2010, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

Good Luck to all going out today. Wish I could be out there Too. Just as soon as I'm back from vacation I'll be out there gettin it done.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Went out about 4:30 this evening. Had a small 8 point come in for abit, he wondered off, that was it for the night.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

I'm back from vacation. I plan on hitting the treestand this weekend. So far with selling the house, going on vacation, replacing the motor and trans in my car, I've only been able to get out in the woods on 3 seperate occasions. It has been unseasonably warm this year, but now that cooler weather will be coming soon, I should be able to get some more stand time in.

A huge thanks to Tim for getting us on the board early and getting me and I hope everyone else excited about adding to that total and taking home a victory
Old 10-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Been really hot here also, going to be 60, cooling down tmr so I will be out
tommorow after work. Have a buck working one of my stands, I think he's a small
one rubbing small tree,s close to the ground but if theres a small one in the area there will be a big one showing up sooner or later to chase him off. Hopefully I will be there also. good luck Team 10 MOST WANTED
Old 10-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been really hot around here too. Good thing about that is the farmers are starting to get some corn out - which is a huge around here... This weekend could maybe even see some movement IF they can make a big enough dent on the corn harvest... Getting closer and closer...
Old 10-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Sat out last night (Tuesday) had the 8 point on schedule, then had the doe and young 'un as usual, and different tree coming upfrom behind, she spotted me like a "deer in headlights" again, never had anything spot me b4 from this tree, same doe spotted me outta the other place, she walks in and *BLAM* like she walked with me to the woods. Dont want to put an arrow in her cause she is trailed by a young 'un but same bitch keeps spottin' me.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to say it would be a good idea to give her the smack down and fill the freezer. at least get it out of the way so you are more confident when a monster steps out
Old 10-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, made it back home. Hate to say it, but this was probably one of the worst hunting trips. I was totally skunked!!! I did not see a single deer from my stand for three days. Never got busted coming in or out either. The acorns are falling like rain! I've never seen so many acorns. Usually, this time of year the Sawtooth oaks are the first to fall, and the deer vacuum them up like candy. The Sawtooths have historically been an outstanding early season sit, but nothing, barely a track and I couldn't find one half eatin acorn. I moved to a white oak flat where I found a bunch of scraps. Almost needed a hardhat in there from all the acorns, sat in a gum tree just so I wouldn't get pummeled. I couldn't even hear squirrels over the sound of acorns falling. That got me thinking. Deer rely on sound, sight, smell and intuition for defense. With the acorn's falling, that took away two of their defenses (sound and sight). So, I spent Tuesday afternoon scouting and found a really nice funnel from a bedding area to the white oaks that had tons of tracks and larger rubs....still nothing.

I was hunting at Fort AP Hill, which is close to about 30000 huntable acres. None of the other hunters were seeing anything either. Most believe it was the harsh snows we had last winter and the die-off was devastating. I didn't see any carcasses or bones, so I don't really buy that. I think the food source is so abondant, that the deer don't have to travel for it. The warm weather didn't help much either. 85-90 highs all three days. Think I'm gonna kick back till the weather cools.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Went out this morning and poked me a decent sized doe. Man i love them Rage 2-Blades. I easily walked the blood trail was the biggest i have ever seen. Not a yearling but also not a big mature one. the first wound picture is exit and the last pic is entry.
Attached Thumbnails Team "10" Most Wanted-004.jpg   Team "10" Most Wanted-005.jpg   Team "10" Most Wanted-006.jpg  

Last edited by berettaguy17; 10-14-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.