2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 17-Kickers and Stickers

Old 09-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Fork Horn

looks like you have some nice deer in florida. yep were all heading south haha. trail cams are great things i get justa s excited checking them as hunting well maybe not just as. going to check mine one more time before season opens.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the team name (had mentioned that earlier) and the logo. Nice work whoever made it.

I trimmed out a stand this weekend and hung a double ladder for my 7 year old son to tag along with me. I'm really excited to hunt that spot with him. It's been a sweet spot over the years. Found an oak flat just filled with acorns, but the kids have a fire pit built and chairs setup. I'm just afraid of them finding my stand and damaging it or worse, having the families in the neighborhood give me a bad time. I hunt the back side of a residential neighborhood and this is what I have to content with at times.

Moved the camera too as I'm not seeing any bucks anymore on it.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas. I have been pretty busy the last week or so, but I thought that I needed to check back in today. Picked myself up a new climber after work on Friday from Gander Mountain. I am hoping to make it out to my parents property and try it out sometime this week. I don't want to be getting into that thing the first day that I want to hunt out of it and not have a clue how to use it. I am going to try to go clear up some of my shooting lanes this week as well. I like the team name and avatar as well!

On a side note I ventured out to Iowa City on Saturday to watch my Hawks dominate in-state rival Iowa State! What a great weekend! Go Hawks!!

Last edited by kill_it_n_grill_it; 09-13-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Already left and am on the way, you bring the deer I will bring my bow and the beer, or pop which ever you like.
Originally Posted by Arjuna
Come on down!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

has everyone checked in yet or do we need a alternate or two?
Old 09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

nope im sure everyone is here now. i cant wait till bow season starts the corn is coming down fast here and i feel i need to be rut hunting!! they just scheduled me for 24hrs sat and sun this weekend i hope we are cuaght up before next weekend thru mid november haha. i cant wait to check my cams this weekend to see if i my bucks pics without velvet.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I all but lost my hunting buddy due to a family disbut with a family friend so back to doing it myself.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Fork Horn

sorry to here that. it sucks when you lose a buddy. but stay after it and youll be fine. this weekend im going to shoot my broad heads just to make sure. nothing should chage i shoot rage's
Old 09-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

same here. Going to pick up some new ones and see how they go, nothing has changed and my muzzy heads where dead on
Originally Posted by tedrow
sorry to here that. it sucks when you lose a buddy. but stay after it and youll be fine. this weekend im going to shoot my broad heads just to make sure. nothing should chage i shoot rage's
Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

hey bigtime i saw your thread on the bowhunting page for scent killer, i have my own recipe for that and it works great ive used it for 2 years now. my dad and some buddies use it too. would you like it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.