Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 17-Kickers and Stickers

Old 08-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome Brett.....tedrow...Well I hope ya shoot atleast a 150 this year. I bet ya do. Man you need some time off. But I tell ya what ya cant complain with al the people laid off. I am actually glad to get back. I get bored during the summers with no hunting and its to damn hot to do anything outside half the time anyway....
Old 08-25-2010, 01:59 AM
Fork Horn

oh yea im am greatful to have this job. i got laid off from a job and was out of work for 2 months but with severnes pay(i have no idea how to spell that).when i got this one thats why i work all the time you never know what will happen. yea this summer was has been stupid hot and not fun to enjoy. well i think were down to 3 left to show up. we are prolly going to to be needing a captain soon but i think we should wait for everybody. if its p&y it will be hard to pass as long as hes a 3 year old im on a pretty good streak so far
Old 08-25-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well lets see. I'm 25 years old. Turn 26 the day after the season opener here in Iowa. I have lived here in Iowa my whole life. I hunt deer, ducks, geese, and pheasants. I work for a fairly large mechanical contractor that is based in Davenport Iowa where I do BIM coordination. I bought my first house in March of 2008. Its just me and my almost 2 year old chocolate lab named "Moose". I have completely remodeled my bathroom and kitchen in the past 2 years. I love traveling. Every March for the past 5 years, I have went someplace tropical for a vacation. I play alot of softball during the summer months. My favorite sports teams are the Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Bears, Chicago Cubs, and Chicago bulls. My That should give you guys a decent idea about me!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

yea we may have a lil trouble im a buckeye fan! LOL and cleveland browns fan ok you all can quit laughing now. but anyways its good to see someone your age taking life by the horns good for you!! so you seeing any big deer in iowa let me start over duh have you picked out your big deer yet? im going to post one of mine for you all to see. he may not be a monster but hes unique and i have my sights on him.
Attached Thumbnails Team 17-Kickers and Stickers-yarmens-fence-mineral-lick-013.jpg  
Old 08-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

heres a side view. i have about 100+ pics of him. what do you guys think? we think he will gross in the 150's
Attached Thumbnails Team 17-Kickers and Stickers-yarmens-fence-mineral-lick-136.jpg  
Old 08-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Spike

Hey guys looks like we are shaping into a team. I might be the old man at 55yrs. been hunting with a bow at 12 yrs. old. Would get on my bike in West Allis Wisc. and ride it to the farm land 3 miles west. Never asked permission to hunt (back then I didn't know any better and had no mentor) and never thought of what I would have done if I got deer. Been hunting in Pa. for 21 yrs. and I am very sorry to say that the best on the wall is a typical 8pt. nothing to brag about. I have seen some bruts I just havent been able to put a stick in one! Hope this is the year as I spend my share of time in a tree (100+ hours.) Good luck to all and I hope everyone posts a bigger deer than me. That should put us on top!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

Okay first off I think a lot less of you now with all this Buckeyes B.S.!!!!I am a Hawkeye fan as well. Went to college there. I am expecting a good year out of them. I root for the big ten in general. As for nominating a captain I would go with tedrow. He has been the most aggressive poster on here and seems to be very passionate about hunting......
Old 08-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

so how wa your week back at teaching was it better than bein g off for the summer? yea i will root for the big ten or should i say soon to be big twelve. i was wondering if any of you guys can or know someone that can make us an avatar? so what did you guys think of the trail pics? i have less than a month left im getting stoked!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

thought I would check in and see how things are going.
When does everyones season open up?

My bow season starts oct 1st. Hoping to hit it hard and get one down quick
Old 08-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

It was good to be back tedrow......thanks for asking....my season starts October 1st as well....I have never made an avatar....hope someone on our team is good at this stuff. Is it time to nominate a captain yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.