Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 17-Kickers and Stickers

Old 08-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

I am at about 20 years or so I guess. With the last fifteen being hardcore. To busy chasing the ladies instead of the bucks in my younger days. I cant wait to go as always. I ate my last back strap last night and I have 2 pounds of ground left out of six deer last year. So I need to replenish my stock. My hunting clothes are hanging in the woods right now and all my stands are in place. How many guys haven't showed up as of yet? 39 days till opening day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

i think were missing 4. yea i hear ya on the venision i have 1.5 bags of jerky left and im out too. when all of our team mates show up ill show you guys my buck i have my sights on. of course you know how that works haha. i wish i had more time in the woods but a wife and kids slow that down a ton!!! and i dont have crap for vacation i justed started a new job about 15 months ago. you ever get to ohio much?
Old 08-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Not to often do I get to Ohio. drove thru a couple times. I hear ya on the wife and kids thing. I will mostly be a weekend warrior when I get time and sometimes during the week. Looking forward to seeing the deer.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Fork Horn

only good thing about being a weekend warrior is you will never burn your stands out . im bankng on whackin a toad the first time i sit. hows that for confidence. so what prof. do you do? i work at rolls royce as a journeyman industrial painter. love smellin fumes all day haha.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tedrow
only good thing about being a weekend warrior is you will never burn your stands out . im bankng on whackin a toad the first time i sit. hows that for confidence. so what prof. do you do? i work at rolls royce as a journeyman industrial painter. love smellin fumes all day haha.
hey tedrow, my oldest brother works there. he's one of those cad designer/ engineer. small world!!!! just had to say something. you do have some big boys down there. my sis lives down there too.lol!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

yes there are some hogs around here. my buddie shot one out of my stand a few years ago that grossed 180 and i shot one 2 weeks prior that grossed 139. only prob is that alot of guys shoot anything with horns just to say they killed a buck and some still wont shoot does saying there isnt enough deer around. i guess thats why we are allowed 6 deer if there were alot we could shoot 10 or so LOL.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Haha....I am a teacher so just getting back in the swing of things. Only good thing is that we get lots of hollidays off. Also I work at a school for autism so they actually encourage us to use our paid time off days which I am saving for hunting. I havent seen a 180 class at my place in a couple years....thats a nice deer!!! I have harvested a couple 150 inch deer but that is my best thus far. I hope everyone on here has a good year. I have been on a turkey team that won the championship but I would rather win the buck contest. So lets go win this thing. You been shooting the bow much??
Old 08-24-2010, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

i have only shot about 5 times. thats bad considering i bought the bow in january and the first time i shot was this month. work sucks i work 7 days a week most of the time i think ive only had 7 weekends off this year. hows going back to school panning out after the time off. its prolly a breathe of fresh air. and i would give my left --- to tag a 150" deer.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys. My name is Brett and this going to be my 6th season bowhunting. I hope to put a nice wall hanger on the ground this year and help the team out.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

welcome to the team brett! so tell us a bit about yourself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.