2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 20 Thread Red Mist

Old 08-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DowningAir
DowningAir checking in...

Sorry for the delay. Been without internet for a while. Hunting in Mid-Michigan. October 1st opener
is that your rifle team avatar? we really need you to bak us up here...we are gonna win..no doubt..so if you wouldnt mind changin your avatar to rep us that would be kewl..if not, well its your choice
Old 08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

TO THE ALTERNATES...WELCOME..PLZ FIND A JERSEY THAT FITS..GET YOU FRIENDS ON HERE TO REP US TOO, IF THEY ARNT ON A TEAM ALREADY..IF THEY ARE ON A TEAM, LEAVE A LINK TO THEIR PAGE , AND EVERYONE CAN TAKE A CRACK AS SOME SMACK TALKIN..

plz when you check in, put the counties and state you are gonna be huntin in. open and close date of your archery season. and an email that you check so if we need to contact you, we can..last year we had 2 deer we were unable to count, as team members were no where to be found.
i pm'd everyone. replacement request will go in 1 week after teams were announced.

TX_Hoghunter Texas Kerr (oct2nd-nov 5th) and Van Zandt (oct 2nd-nov 5th) county
Kydeerhunter03 Kentucky Boone, Kenton, and Pendelton Counties (Sept. 4th and ends Jan. 17th)
markjenna [email protected] Indiana Porter and Laporte counties (oct 1st-jan 2nd)
halfbakedi420 Texas Leon (oct 2nd-nov 5th)and Marion ( oct 2nd-nov 5th)counties
Rory/MO Missouri
DowningAir mid michigan (oct 1- ??)
Garringer55 Iowa (oct 1- ??)
ShootEmUpBuck ????????????????

-----------------------
Alternates went in today. 2 new members headin our way.

It is mandatory you stop by team 3's page, christine has hand picked the finest men and women to be on her team..its a total conspiracy and we will not stand for it ..so go by there and shed some lip..
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010...-team-3-a.html

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 08-31-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

[quote=KYDeerHunter03;3672344]Well my season starts this Saturday...I am so excited I have butterflies in my stomach lol

Heres a few I have been watchin, no HUGE ones but heck they are awesome in my book.

DAMN GIRL............. Those are nice dear, like how i played that, even for the middle of the midwest..... If you can get one of those and the rest of us can get one half that size we will win.....
Old 08-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
It is mandatory you stop by team 3's page, christine has hand picked the finest men and women to be on her team..its a total conspiracy and we will not stand for it ..so go by there and shed some lip.. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010...-team-3-a.html
Is this true, does she pick the teams. Don't know if you are kidding or not. I hope this **** is not setup.. But all we have to do is shoot dear and we win. Everyone get a deer and we win...
SIMPLE AS THAT. Doesn't matter about the size, just shot a deer and we will win..
Old 08-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
these guy went in the wash..plz remove this so there is no confusion.

done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by markjenna
Is this true, does she pick the teams. Don't know if you are kidding or not. I hope this **** is not setup.. But all we have to do is shoot dear and we win. Everyone get a deer and we win...
SIMPLE AS THAT. Doesn't matter about the size, just shot a deer and we will win..
absolutely isnt not true
Old 08-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

alright guys...gals..sry ky...here are the rules..i bolded some important ones..i want everyone to read these 500 times..cant tell ya how many guys forgot to include their bow in a pic las year and was a non-score-able animal..it looks like antler-less is a no go, used to be 20 points or something.

1. Deer(whitetail/mulie/blacktail)must be taken legally and ethically as laws apply in the state your hunting including tags.
2. Archery equipment only which include crossbows, compounds, longbows and recurves. One bow contest only.

3. Antlered deer only (whitetail, mule, blacktail)including antlered doe, if it's tagged with a buck tag, it's in.

4. We will be using the Pope & Young Gross/Green scoring system, no deductions. Velvet bucks scored the same. (See percentages below)

Whitetail (as norm):125/125 = score x 1
Columbia blacktail: 125/90 = score x 1.39
Sitka blacktail: 125/75 = score x 1.67
Mule deer: 125/145 = score x 0.86

For an incredible tutorial please see this link: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2529213&mpage=1[/URL]
5. Open to all members new and old unless your signed up in another bow contest on HNI(only) You may sign up for the rifle contest as well, please don't sign up and disappear, you'll be replaced. No more than 10 persons per team, drawn randomly....alternate's when necessary starting with first come first serve....I'll oversee it.

6. Signup begins today, Deadline to join is Aug 15th , with alternates then being taken until Sept 1st or as needed to complete teams. (Depending on number of entrants, teams may be picked earilier in order to ensure enough alternates.

7. You must have a pictured posted on the contest page within the Official Score Card thread to enter a deer. The bow must be in the picture and the entire deer must be in the picture, no skull pictures, no rack pictures...the buck, the bow, and yourself must be in the picture.....call me skeptical. This rule will be enforced this year, no exceptions with no apologies.

scoring help
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...ts-pics-3.html

A) Within this post, the measurements as required by the P&Y scoring sheets shall be listed. Example as follows.

B) Total 131 2/8

Right ----- Left

MB 18 6/8 ----- 17 4/8
G1 4 ----- 3
G2 6 4/8----- 6
G3 6 4/8 ----- 4 6/8
G4 4 4/8 ----- 1
G5 1 -----

H1 5 6/8----- 6 2/8
H2 4 4/8 ----- 4 4/8
H3 4 4/8----- 5 6/8
H4 3 6/8----- 3 2/8

Inside spread 15 4/8

Abnormal points
1. 4

For scoring help, please check this turorial: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...ts-pics-3.html

8. Total number of inches of all team member's animals will decide the winner....see rule 4.

9. You must enter the first bow kill antlered deer you get.....second buck for you lucky states will not count. First buck means first taken regardless of multi state hunts. Also see rule 10.

10. The entry must be posted within 10 days of taking it OR notification must be made to the team, team captain, participating moderator or admin that an animal is down with description to determine that a participant isn't holding out for a better animal. This is not fair for single tag states nor those that cannot travel and hunt multiple states. The first antlered animal must be counted.

11. No penned shot deer accepted, deer must be a free range wild animal regardless private or public land. Guided hunts acceptable as long as the animals are free range.

12. All disagreements, controversies and conflicts will be decided on by a majority vote from a panel consisting of Team Capt's and moderators participating within the contest. Those decisions will be final.

13. Contest ends Jan 20th. (new date this year)

14. Rules set forth for a smooth contest, the main rule is to have fun and enjoy your fellow teammates and all the smack talk that goes along with this contest.

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 09-01-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys--- I'm really sorry for being so late with the check in!! I've been incredibly busy lately but it looks like things will slow down now so I should be able to check in daily from here on out. Is there still room for me??
Old 08-31-2010, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ShootEmUpBuck
Hey Guys--- I'm really sorry for being so late with the check in!! I've been incredibly busy lately but it looks like things will slow down now so I should be able to check in daily from here on out. Is there still room for me??
welcome aboard, you couldn't have cut it any closer i dont think. throw on a jersey.(avatar ya know) sport our team, make your gf fly our colors too
plz when you check in, put the counties and state you are gonna be huntin in. open and close date of your archery season. and an email that you check so if we need to contact you, we can..last year we had 2 deer we were unable to count, as team members were no where to be found.

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 08-31-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

TO THE ALTERNATES...WELCOME..PLZ FIND A JERSEY THAT FITS..GET YOU FRIENDS ON HERE TO REP US TOO, IF THEY ARNT ON A TEAM ALREADY..IF THEY ARE ON A TEAM, LEAVE A LINK TO THEIR PAGE , AND EVERYONE CAN TAKE A CRACK AS SOME SMACK TALKIN..

i pm'd everyone. replacement request will go in 1 week after teams were announced.

TX_Hoghunter Texas Kerr (oct2nd-nov 5th) and Van Zandt (oct 2nd-nov 5th) county
Kydeerhunter03 Kentucky Boone, Kenton, and Pendelton Counties (Sept. 4th and ends Jan. 17th)
markjenna [email protected] Indiana Porter and Laporte counties (oct 1st-jan 2nd)
halfbakedi420 Texas Leon (oct 2nd-nov 5th)and Marion ( oct 2nd-nov 5th)counties
Rory/MO Missouri
DowningAir mid michigan (oct 1- ??)
Garringer55 Iowa (oct 1- ??)
ShootEmUpBuck Wisconsin Eau Claire County (September 18 and runs until January 31)

-----------------------
Alternates went in today. 2 new members headin our way.

It is mandatory you stop by team 3's page, christine has hand picked the finest men and women to be on her team. .its a total conspiracy and we will not stand for it ..so go by there and shed some lip.. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010...-team-3-a.html

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 09-01-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.