2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team #4 Bone Brothers

Old 09-29-2010, 03:36 AM
Spike

Season starts friday for me. Looking like perfect weather in so IL for the first week of october. Hopfully I have better luck than years past arrowing a monster
Old 09-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Big Daddy, We are on the same gun contest team as well (team #10. I found a scrape and hung a camera on it yesterday to see what is using it. There were 10 rubs around in the area as well. One was about 1" in Dia. and was shredded and broken off.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I had a great great nite, saw 5 bucks. 2 were in the 130s Im guessing, and they were still hanging out together, they passed me on a trail at 10 yards on their way out to a cut corn field, I had my release clipped and was thinking really hard about letting one fly, but I decided to pass, Im going to kick myself later Im sure lol. We are getting some major rain here in MD, probably wont make it out tomorrow because its suppossed to get real bad with 40 mph winds and 6" to 7" of rain. Rain doesnt bother me until its accompanied by 40 mph winds : )
Old 09-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by little indian
Big Daddy, We are on the same gun contest team as well (team #10. I found a scrape and hung a camera on it yesterday to see what is using it. There were 10 rubs around in the area as well. One was about 1" in Dia. and was shredded and broken off.
Hey your right, but it is team #1.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Checked the cameras. Pretty sad, a few small bucks and some doe. Hunted two days and seen plenty of doe and fawns. Numbers are looking great just have to wait for the big boys to start running around. I will head back in a few weeks and I am sure it will be changing by then.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Spike

Just got back from my opening day morning hunt and i am still speechless. I had a 2 does come in at 25 yards an hour after sunrise and shot the first one. I spined it and it dropped to the ground immediately. It was paralyzed and layed there for a few minutes but started to roll around so i decided i would get down and slit its throat to put it out of its misery. I got half way down my treestand and she got up and ran off. There was no blood trail to follow so i tracked it in the direction i saw it run. I jumped a deer while tracking so i backed off and waited an hour. I knew it would stay inside the woods and go to where the woods gets thick and comes to a point. So when i came back i started at the point and jumped a deer on the east side of the point. I immediately ran over to the west side and it was standing 20 yards away so i shot. This time i hit the lungs and it ran 70 yards and died. I went to pick up the deer and to my amazment it was a different deer. I was almost certain it was the same deer by the way it was acting but it wasnt. So i started to look around the woods for the other one and could not find it. I looked for roughly an hour. The woods is only 25 acres big so there wasnt a big area to cover. Im going to go back out there this afternoon and look again but i dont think i will find it. My question is do you think its possible that the deer is still alive and has this ever happened to anyone?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Next time you spine a deer just give it another shot, chances are the deer is still alive now if there was no blood.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Spike

that was my plan but once it started rolling it went behind some brush. it just shocks me that a deer can go from being paralyzed to keeping up and running just like that
Old 10-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

I mean as soon as you shoot it in the spine nock another arrow and take a 2nd shot.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Spike

O ok, i get what you mean. Im deffinitely not going to let it happen again, thats for sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.