2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team #4 Bone Brothers

Old 09-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 09-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the Warm Welcome guys. Diesel, Are you the one that was hunting a small piece of Urban property as well? I remember someone posting pics of a nice buck that their neighbor had that was on their camera as well. Those are some pretty nice pics though. Pretty good pics too, looks like the Velvet is all but gone for your deer their.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Grin - welcome to the crew.

Diesel, glad you're feeling somewhat better. Nice pictures.

This morning was interesting. I had 14 deer go past me, more or less in a clump, from 25 to 75 yards. The 25 was a doe and fawn but 8 of the 14 were bucks (3 spikes, 2 2-pts, 1 3-pt, 1 nice 4-pt, and a dandy 5-pt. The big ones were 50+ yards away but they got my blood circulating. Going to adjust my position slightly tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
Thanks for the Warm Welcome guys. Diesel, Are you the one that was hunting a small piece of Urban property as well? I remember someone posting pics of a nice buck that their neighbor had that was on their camera as well. Those are some pretty nice pics though. Pretty good pics too, looks like the Velvet is all but gone for your deer their.

Could have been me, I hunt big farms over 1000 acres all the way down to little urban spots that are few acres as well. My biggest buck on my cameras this year is on a 30 acre property. Similar to last year, I killed a 157" buck on my smallest property that I only hunted 3 times the whole year and waited until January when I finally had him moving in daylight on my cameras and until I had the right wind.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Did my last morning hunt today until after I get back from the provincial seniors games (archery) about Sept 20. I will also be away from our team thread until I return.

This morning I watched 2 4-pts (one may have been a 4x5) for about an hour having numerous sparring matches. Problem is I was 375 yards away and had no hope of putting a stalk on them. But fun to watch, even through binos.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well my season starts this Wednesday. I had several shooters patterned pretty good on early season feeding, Ive been moving cameras around with the AG crops, and now into the oak flats, but they shed a little early on all my properties, the bacheleor groups are broken up now, and of course they have dissapeared during daylight hours. This season the acorns dropped early, the bucks seemed to have all shed early, maybe due to the extreme dry summer we had. Either way its going to be a little more challenging early season for me, but, I still cant wait. I toook off opening day, but due to not seeing any of the bigger bucks on cams or glassing, I almost wish I would have saved that for the rut
Old 09-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds good Diesel good luck out there Wednesday Ive still got over a month till my season opens up.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, you two with your seasons opening this early are making me jealous. Haven't checked my camera in a week but hopefully when I make it out there on Thursday I'll have some new bucks coming through. Acorns are dropping everywhere right now, a little earlier than I remember. Hopefully Once October 1st rolls around the apples and acorns will starting to try up in my area. It would help me out a lot!
Old 09-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will be in a stand this Saturday!! Not sure if I will make it out opening morning or not, but I will for sure be in a tree that afternoon.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck on Wednesday Andy!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.