2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team #4 Bone Brothers

Old 09-17-2010, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, 3 hunts, no kills yet. Seen lots of deer, passed on several mid 120s bucks as close as 4 yards. Weve got lots of great video footage, just waiting for one of the better bucks. Been a blast and sure feels good getting back in a stand.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds great diesel at least your seeing something!!!! Im going out tomorrow to hang stands and grab my cameras cards.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, had a good and a bad night in the stand tonight. Good is, I have never had that many deer around me while on stand! THey were everywhere from about 6:30 until dark. Bad is, I took a shot at a buck, but when I did, my top limb on my bow hit my bow hanger..... no idea where my arrow went, and now my string is wrapped around the top limb, and the bow is all twisted! Ater the shot, I got to watch as my buck ran off, and met up with another smaller buck, they started fighting, I mean really pushing each other around, and going at it. Then the smaller buck ran of, and the one I shot at came back, and I listened to it make a rub on a tree not 20 yards from my tree. (it was too thick to see him). After that, he went out into the bean field that the farmer disked not one hour before. Got to watch him feed or about a half hour. At least I didnt wound him, and maybe I will meet up with him another time. The whole time he was feeding in the bean field, I had a doe about 5 yards rom the base o my tree. She had a bad front leg, (not sure what was wrong with it, it looked all deformed) Oh well, looks like I will be heading to my archery shop to see what the damage is
Old 09-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

That last post was actually my hunt last night. Took my bow in today, and the guy put the string back on, and everything else is fine. What a relief. Went back out tonight, and had the doe with with the bad leg feeding out in the bean field behind me. She just needed to take about 2 more steps to be in my shooting lane, and here come the neighbor guys 3 dogs, needless to say, she didnt stick around very long.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, so close BigDaddy. Well, its a long season, the good news is your bow wasnt trashed.

Ive had several decent bucks come in bow range in my first 4 sits, but Im holding out for one buck in particular before I take another buck, the guy in the trail camera picture here is who Im specifically hunting right now, this picture was opening morning under my stand at 5:30 AM. So far, no shots. Hopefully he messes up and I catch him during daylight, but, you never know, I may never see him all year.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

I'm back from the BC Seniors Games - never shot so dismal in my life ~sigh~ - and now I have a humdinger of a cold. I'm going to crawl under a rock until about the weekend and hope to be in some kind of hunting shape by then.

Hope you get that deer, Diesel; he's a keeper for sure.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Heading out to the land this weekend. Trail cams have been out for almost a month, I hope I have something great on them. Better yet I would like to take a shot this weekend at big boy. Talk to you when I return.

How is the rain at your place bigdaddy12t?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

WET!!!!! It is unreal how much rain we have gotten the past couple of days. I am hoping my hunting spot is ok, it usually floods big time when we get alot of rain. I wont have a chance to get out and check it out until Saturday or Sunday. I still have one of my cuddebacks out there about 50 yards from the river.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Spike

Season starts tomorrow. Going to go stay the weekend at a farm about 2 1/2 hours away, check my trail cams there and if I have no luck there I will hunt the ones close to the house that I posted pics of in the evenings next week
Old 09-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well its been tough hunting, the bucks on all my properties are not playing nice lol. I passed on several bucks now including a nice 11 pt in hopes I can get a shot at some of the bigger bucks ive seen on my cameras.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.