2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 12 Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Spike

Well guys I drew blood today to bad it was my own. I had a big 10 come in to 5 yards I started to draw and got about half way back and my glove was hung in my trigger and it cut loose and bam right in the mouth it busted my lip top and bottom the blood was pouring. the buck just walked off. It was so windy he never heard a thing. So he will be back and so will I. My surgery is on the 22nd and I will be laid up for 3 week so still have lots of time to get one.

Mark
Old 11-04-2010, 03:37 AM
Typical Buck

Not alot to the story. I set up on a small thicket lined ridge that tends to be used for bedding on it and a bench below. I set up right on the edge of thick cover to open cover.I had 2 young does come in and browse at one o'clock. Around 3 I hear a doe blowing off in the distance to my left.I check the wind and I'm good.A few minutes later you hear hard running coming up the hill right at me.Out pops a huge doe at full run right past my stand at 10 yards.She runs another 30 and stops before running over the ridge onto the thick bench below.A minute later you hear grunting and running right in her tracks.Out pops a nasty looking 3 pointer.He hot tracks her right over the hill on a hard run.They circle me and head back in the direction they came from.At 3:30 I see ole big boy comming from the ridge below checking the thick cover of the bench.He hits the does trail and starts following her trail can't can't decide if he is going the right direction.I hit the can call in my pocket and give him 3 bleats and he is on his way.He follows her trail straight up the hill at 10 yards he gives me a quarter shot and I send my beman ics,tipped with a 100 grain slick trick mag right through him.He ran straight out the ridge and starts to stagger at 70 yards.He tried a few times to get up but it was not happening today.I watched him for 15 minutes after all movement stopped before getting down and packing up.No tracking needed today.It took me hours to get him loaded onto the atv by myself.He's got some serious weight to him.I found out this morning that my cousin saw him running does last Thursday but they never came into his range.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:40 AM
Typical Buck

Dang Sproket,I've had it happen before,but never to that level.When it rains it pours.I hope you luck turns around.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:32 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations on a great buck!
Old 11-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Typical Buck

I start my vacation this afternoon. Big boys are starting to hit the ground and the rut activity is heating up. The weather looks to be a little warm for the week, but I will deal with it and hopefully have some pics for you next week. Good luck and good shooting.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

Guys somehow I screwed up and put the numbers in wrong on the B&C score page and my score was way off.I corrected it and p.m.ed Christine to fix it.It should only be 157 2/8.I thought something looked wrong.I should have double checked it before.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ohio awesome deer man, congrats again.

Well guys i connected on Friday, its no monster. Pics and story are in the bow hunting forum. He probaly wouldn't have broken 100 inches even if his rack was all busted up. On another note, how do you score a buck with a broken main beam - where do you take the mass measurements and spread from?
Old 11-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats,Pa. That is a good qustion.They all get 4 H measurements.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Deer Down!!!! not a giant by any means but scoreable points and meat in the freezer. Pics and story to follow sometime this week. My buddy took all the pics on his camera so when he emails them over i'll post the pics and story.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:53 AM
Typical Buck

congrats luckyshot.PA all you can do is measure what is there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.