Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 12 Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 02:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, i had my first encounter with a shooter buck. The buck with the messed rack i got trail cam pictures of showed up Friday night. He hung up at about 40 yards and i just wasnt comfortable with the shot. The rest of the weekend yielded a few more doe encounters. I'll be out tonight, i'll keep ya posted.

BigBuck

-Keep your head up man, it's happened to everybody.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:01 AM
Fork Horn

just checking in. My trip to Maine was a wash out. It poured for 2 of the 3 days i was there. The only shot ops i had were at does toting fawns. I'm a widow maker but not a orphan maker! The season in Mass. has opened but i've been just crushed with work. My trip to Kansas is in 2 weeks, so i'm pretty much pinning my hopes on that. Hope everyone is hunting hard. I'll check back again before my trip.

Stay Safe Gentlemen!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:38 AM
Spike

just checking guys still not seeing any big bucks on there feet yet yet. I had a basket 6 at 25 yards yesterday. If I knew then what I know now I would have taken the shot. I found out that I have to have ankle surgery to remove some pins and and maybe cut and re attach some ligaments that didn't heal right. I go for a cat scan Thursday and that will tell the real deal. So at this point all Buck's have just made my hit list. Maybe I can get one before I get laid up.

Good luck to all

Mark
Old 10-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys! Checkin in. Nothin really to report. I have been stayin out of my better spots because of inconsistent winds but the deer are beginning to feel frisky here. I found some scrapes and rubs over the weekend while walking some new properties. I am going to wait til after the rut to begin doe management, hopefully I will have a buck on the ground before then.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sproket

Sucks to hear about your foot man, keep us posted.

I've got nothing super exciting to report, i killed another doe last week. So am officially out of doe tags. The bucks are deffinetly starting to feel their oats around here they are showing up more and more in daylight. I've had several non-legal/non-shooters in range the past couple outings. The best is yet to come.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

I've shot two doe's with my bow but they don't count. I have seen a few young bucks but nothing to shoot.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

I'm seeing lots of bucks but no shooters.They are doing alot of running at night. Hopefully something comes by next week while I'm on vacation. I would have prefered to be off the 2nd week of Nov,but gotta deal with what I have off.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

Guys, sorry I haven't checked in lately. I am seeing quite a few smaller bucks and saw a 125 inch 10 pointer this morning. They are coming into range, but the action is still a little bit slow. I will be going out tomorrow and have vacation coming up in a week. the harvest is going well, so it should be a fun rut this year. Good luck and good shooting.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

I've been in the woods myself looking for this guy.Found him.
Attached Thumbnails Team 12 Thread-pa190411.jpg  
Old 11-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Story please!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.