2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 12 Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Spike

Congrats Ohio and good luck Pa on the job. Things have been pretty slow here the deer are just not on there feet during the day. The weather has started to cool off now and I think that will change things. My little girl is getting all fired up for youth season Oct.9th and 10th. I bought her a Genesis for her birthday she wants to join the archery team at school. She just blows my mind she is into hunting bigtime she took all of her birthday money and bought hunting stuff. She got binos a grunt call, orange hat and a hat light. She has been shooting her grandfathers 243 and she is shooting great. She gave me a wink and told me she hopes Santa brings her one for Xmas. Good luck to all.

Mark
Old 10-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Mark that rules. My oldest is not interested in anything but video games. My yougest is the hunting crazed one. He's only five but everything is hunting with him.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

Here is one of the doe pictures. It's nothing special,it was way to warm to mess around. I had to get her caped and boned pretty quick.
Attached Thumbnails Team 12 Thread-100_1710.jpg  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mark that is awesome. My son is into hunting. He has more dedication than I did at his age. I have made him save his money to prove he wanted it but he bought (paid 1/2) of his bow, his shotgun (paid 1/3) and begged my .243 from me (still trying to figure out how that happened) and I got him a .270 last year for Christmas. He took his first deer ever, with a bow, year before last. I mounted it for him. His room is starting to look like a nature preserve and I still have to mount his hog and javelina!

Ohio - Congrats on the doe!!!! I haven't let an arrow go because it has been in the 90's until this week. But now that we have cooled down, look out.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

I'll be out tonight but not alone. I've got to take the 5 year old with me. Kinda limits my options but he will be happy.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ohio - that doesn't LIMIT your potentials it expands them. Enjoy every minute of it, they grow up so fast. I remember taking my son when he was 5 or so. He used to love going turkey hunting and he'd fall asleep in my lap. One of his best memories is of us hunting, him asleep and me calling in a hen to 10 feet. I woke him up and we watched her for 20 minutes, feeding all around us and clucking and purring. Why she didn't spook when he stretched as he woke up or when he sat up but I am so thankful she didn't. Truly one of the best memories for me too. Enjoy it. Right now, you walk on water and in 15 years you'll be a dumb ass (at least I was told that)
Old 10-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

He enjoyed it,but his mother would not allow me to put him in a double ladder stand with me. We had to hunt a ground blind and I hate ground blinds. I need a view myself. We never saw anything on the clover,but I had 256 pics on my soy beans.They are hitting them late at night untill they leave to bed. Lots of early morning pics in front of my stand. It will be tough to get in it without spooking deer. There is easy access,just a ton of deer using the area. I've got a plan. We will see what happens.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

Nothing to exiciting to report for opening day saw a couple does in the morning but none wondered within range. The afternoon produced a few more does, and one got alittle to close and ended up coming home with me. How did everyone else make out.
Heres a picture of the ole slick head.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got my first archery kill this past saterday, the pics are on the bowhunting forum, it was a small but old doe, her teeth were growned down put a 35 yard shot on her, right behind the shoulder
Old 10-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

I was out over the weekend and had a lot of fun. I saw 13 does and 5 bucks, 9 raccoons, 16 turkeys, and a coyote. I did not have a shot at any of the deer. All of the bucks were small and running together. I will be out again the next few mornings to hopefully put at least one doe on the ground. I hope everyone else is having fun. Good luck and good shooting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.