Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 12 Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea lucky, first buck down is your score buck. SEASON OPENER TOMORROW. The big boys have visited my stand every morning for the past week at 7:00 ish. Wish me luck guys.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Spike

Well good luck nctaxi I hope you stick a nice one. Things are pretty slow here it has been hot the big ones don't seem to be up on there feet yet. I have been seeing a few but no good ones so far. I am going to go down to a place this weekend where I shot a 110 inch 9 point last year. So if I see anything good I may hunt the rest of the week down there. And good luck to all
Old 09-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well this weekend was eventful but not productive for me. My buddy had them come in on him and couldn't get a shot. The acorns are falling here and the deer are feeding closer to the oaks and not the travel corridor that I am positioned in. But my good friend killed his first ever bow deer, a Boone and Crocket doe. Man was she BIG! It was great to be there when he got it.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know i am still around. I'll make sure to check in more often when the season starts (Oct 2). Nctaxi, thats pretty cool to be there when somebody else scores on their first, i got to watch my nephew shoot his first bow buck and i think i was shaking worse than he was. Deffinetly and experience you will remember. How about the rest of you guys...what's new? Anybody seeing anything?
Old 09-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saterday.. GET HERE!!!! I cant wait to get in the stand!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

PA- Yea it was a great experience. He has killed lots of deer with a gun but that was his first with a bow. He actually spent the past 8 years as a professional guide with which he never got to hunt bow season.

Kuk - GO GET 'EM! Hope to hear from you soon with a score.

To the rest of the team, that haven't been posting, please let us know how things are going. Even if you are just shooting targets, hanging stands, etc.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

only seeing a couple of small bucks in my area. This new Z7 is driving me nuts!!!!! if someone farts 300 yards away while you are releasing it will torque this bow. these tiny grips matched with my "Andre the Giant" hand is not ideal.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

I've had a couple of decent bucks on camera lately. They have been tearing up my soy beans. The acorns are dropping big time and that will change everything. I have so many oaks it can make things tough. They hardly need to move to feed.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Luckyshot - Talk to your Mathews dealer, I think that they make an after market grip that mounts right to it. One of the reasons I didn't go with Mathews, I didn't like their grip. Just my opinion

Ohio - Acorns are falling here too but it won't be long before those are gone and I can make it happen. Be patient.

I am treading real light with my properties right now. I don't want to overdo it and change the bucks patterns. They are on the acorns right now and nothing will change that but I am gonna try to hunt stands between bedding areas and the oaks. let's hope for a good wind!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

I have oaks right in the bedding areas. Heck I've got scattered oaks everyplace. One section will be alittle easier to pattern the oaks are in two areas and not near as many.I need to move some cameras in to that part of the property.There was a good 10 pt in there last year.Most of my better buck are on the other section of the property. The bed in the hollow near my soy bean field.
I don't get stressed over patterns.I'll find them sooner or later.I've got some good bucks running around on here and the best food sources in the area.It will happen sooner or later.

Last edited by Ohio Bowhunter75; 09-17-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.