Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 12 Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 AM
Spike

nctaxi and BUCKINTHEWOODZ you guys hunker down and be safe. I saw the weather and it looks like Earl is going to visit you.

Mark
Old 09-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks sproket. It's not supposed to effect us here but what do the weathermen know. I would love some of the rain for my food plots.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

I could sure use some rain. It is getting way to dry around here. The new avatar looks great.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Spike

Ok guys tommorow is opening day here in Ky. The work is done now it is time to play. My girlfreind has to work so I am going to try to film myself. This will be my first time with a cam in the woods. I hope I can pull it off or not just screw up a shot on a big one.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well good luck and remember you have all season to film but only one chance at a big one. Go ahead and put us on the board. My season starts next Sat. Sept 11th.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck sprocket. No matter what it is a great day just to get to start hunting. I've never tried the camera thing. Always tempted, but to tight to buy a decent camera.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ohio Bowhunter75
Always tempted, but to tight to buy a decent camera.
LOL.. same here I've always wanted one but to tight.. I had trouble letten go of $60 today to buy a stand lol
Old 09-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Spike

Well guys the whole cam thing is harder than it looks on TV. The morning hunt was a little slow I saw a few does and that was it. My girlfriend went out this afternoon she was the shooter and I was the cam man. The woods came to life about 5 O'Clock. We had deer on 3 sides of us I don't know how we did not get winded. We saw a 6 point basket rack a spike and 4 does. She pulled her bow back on a doe that was at 9 yards. I was trying to get the cam in a place to get a good view and looked up at the screen and it said memory full oh sh#* no sd card. I pulled the cam back and thwack I heard the arrow hit. She said I got her I hit her good right behind the front leg. I told her it sounded like a good hit. We waited 30 min. got out and looked for her arrow. No luck it was no where to be found. I found a drop of blood on a leaf about 10 feet from where she shot it and we found 2 more drops about 15 yards. We got just in sight of each other and started a search pattern around and around we went for a hour and a half with no luck so we backed out and I am going back in the morning to look more. She is just heart broke. Not a good way to start her ever hunt.

Last edited by sproket; 09-05-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Spike

Wow I know I hit spell check
Old 09-05-2010, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the first hunt. Did you find her deer? My sons first deer took nearly 8 hrs to recover, so keep at it.

I went "juggin" last night for the first time, what a blast! Going to check trail cameras this morning, as soon as I wake up and get motivated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.