Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 12 Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey PA, what part of Pittsburgh? I grew up in little Washington, just down the road.

Woodline, there isn't any pressure. If it helps the team, I am all for it.

Putting in food plots this weekend. It was so dry that we had to wait til we got into a rainy pattern. All 15 stands are hung. Mineral sites are being hit hard. Have some great pics of some contenders but the 3 main stars, from last year, have yet to make an appearance. Season starts Sept 11. Bows in tune, arrows flying like darts. Come on Season!!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nc - Just moved out here to a little town called Banksville right outside of Greentree. Not really liking to city life so far, i need more open spaces and green around me but the new paycheck is pretty nice. The wife and i plan on moving out of the city soon but we have to sell our old house first (that's proving to be a real pain in the ass). until then we are mooching off the in-laws.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh heck! Well stay with them as long as you can! I know where Greentree is but not Banksville.

Food plots are in. I will upload pics later, too tired right now.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Spike

I know where Banksville is Banksville Beer Dist. I hauled a lot of beer back in the day. LOL Well nctaxi looks like you are the captain with 60% so far. All we need is one more vote on the Dirty Dozen and we will be good to go. I am going to hit the woods next Sat. the 4th I hope to stick go good one for the team. I have been scouting for weeks now and saw a monster the first week maybe 170 if I can get him he will be the best buck I ever took. I can't realy put out trail cam's out people will steal them here even though I hunt private land. I am going to go out one more time just to check the trail for fresh tracks. I saw some big ones last week after the rain. As long as they are traveling the same route they have to pass in front of me at 15 yards. nc if you need any help with anything let me know.

Mark
Old 08-29-2010, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks sproket. I will let you know. If you need any help killing them big KY deer, let me know

Alright guys, I need an honest opinion. I have been videoing some of my hunts over the past 3 years. I have always wondered how to get them from 8mm to digital, now that I have that figured out, my son made this video. Let me know what you guys think....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl30jv54cDk

I know the video isn't the best but I couldn't take my tripod too. The total stalk was over 11 min, so he edited it and FF part of it. I thought it turned out real cool. BTW my son is 15, I thought it turned out pretty cool.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:36 AM
Spike

Wow now that was pretty cool I thought for sure you were going to let it fly when that bear raises up but then after I watched it one more time it looks like he might have been turned where his leg was in the way. But very cool and nice to see your son is into it.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

The hunter was actually a buddy, I was the camera man. I had already taken my bear but the stalk was pretty intense, even from my seat. I am going to have him convert some more hunts and do something like that too. The bear was at like 12ft when he ran past.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

So we should probably post our names in the title and get an avatar made.....how does one do that?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

cool video. Great stock.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

avatar aint to hard to do.. just need ta know what all to change about the one i posted awhile back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.