2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 12 Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

I worked all weekend. I was off today but spent the day at the doctor. Just my luck I have to go back to the doctor tomorrow morning and screw up another morning hunt oppertunity. I'll be back out tomorrow eve.
Congrats guys on your deer. Hopefully we can see some horn on the ground.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a good season so far. Good luck to the youth hunters going out this weekend. I have been seeing a lot of deer so far, but not many bucks. It is now close to 90 degrees, so that isn't helping. I shot a doe on Thursday morning, and another one on Friday morning. I hope to be out again soon. I have to get a couple more doe tags first. Have a great week everyone. Good luck and good shooting.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

Not alot to report from the weekend, it was really really hot (almost 80) which seems to really slow down there movements. I got skunked Saturday morning, and saw 5 doe in the evening. What's everybody else up to?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been running an October lull stretch but my son missed the big guy this morning, out of my stand. Inexperience is a tough lesson. The good news is the next 2 weeks are gonna bring change!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

Got to get back to the 1st page. Really hot but I'm heading out. Might change a couple cameras around tonight.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!Dang October lull!!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

I saw nine this morning. One young 8 and a 4 pointer,7 does. The 4 pointer was running the does out of my soy bean field.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Harvest is going well here. I am looking forward to a very active rut. Doe movement is ok at the moment and the bucks appear to still be using the corn.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have good and bad news, team 12. The good news is that today was the opening day of bowseason in NY
The (other) good news is that I got a 16 yard broadside shot at a beautiful doe at around 6:30 pm today.
The bad news is it was too dark to see my arrow, and don't know if I hit her or not..... We scoured the ground looking for my arrow and some piece of evidence saying yea/nea I hit her.....and nothing was found. Looking in the dark is hard though, so we are going to look after the mornig hunt tomorrow (hunting on the same mountain, other side though). I will keep you updated...
Old 10-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigBuck95
I have good and bad news, team 12. The good news is that today was the opening day of bowseason in NY
The (other) good news is that I got a 16 yard broadside shot at a beautiful doe at around 6:30 pm today.
The bad news is it was too dark to see my arrow, and don't know if I hit her or not..... We scoured the ground looking for my arrow and some piece of evidence saying yea/nea I hit her.....and nothing was found. Looking in the dark is hard though, so we are going to look after the mornig hunt tomorrow (hunting on the same mountain, other side though). I will keep you updated...
After hunting the opposite side of the mountain this morning (until 8:30) Myself, my father, and our hunting partner (sitting in the same stand that I shot at this deer out of) saw a combined 4 deer (dad saw 3 and I saw 1).
We searched down the mountain for any sign of arrow, hair, or skin, but found nothing. UNTIL 3 ledges down we found blood, but after tracking for another 2 1/2 ledges down, we lost it. My father believes due to how the blood was spread and the fact that she went back uphill twice, that I hit her non-lethally. Sorry guys,
Adam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.