Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 16 - Rack Addicts

Old 12-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

I was out today, didn't see a damn thing.. The nasty snow storms around here are keeping the deer bedded down for most of the day, not to mention that it was the final day of Firearms Doe Season.. I think I counted 15+ shots just this morning.. I have until Dec. 31 to bag one, but this is looking to be on the down said of things right now.. LBM is officially dead now too, he was killed Saturday of the first week of Rifle Season.. He was roughly score 135 to 140.. Hopefully there will be a few his size next year with QDMA we're been doing up there and the plans we have for the next six months or so..
Old 12-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep at it. I will be out again a few evenings this week. We seen 4 does Saturday evening. with the much colder air and a large corn pile freshened up we are hoping to catch Brutus or one of his close relatives at the pile. Good luck and happy hunting to all.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wednesday evening would have been a great evening if we were after doe's. We seen 36 altogether. We could have shot several of those 36 but we are waiting on Brutus. Hopefully he will be tagging along with a few of those doe's very soon. We will give it until about mid January then if we don't have a decent buck down by then we will take out another doe or 2. Good luck and happy hunting to all.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have had some pictures of Brutus on the trail cam. unfortunately none of those have been in shooting light. We will keep after him until Friday. Then muzzleloader comes in on Saturday and lasts until Tuesday which we won't be out in. Hopefully he makes it through that. He may have shed his rack by then I will keep watching my camera and look for his nice big rack. Is anyone else still going out? If you are good luck and happy hunting to all.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is anyone going out at all anymore? I may still try and get one more doe and my daughter will try and get a buck. We have until February 6th. That is the last day. Good luck and happy hunting to all.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry I haven't been around.. I've been checking the board, but not commenting much.. My Season ended on Dec. 31.. No luck for me.. I just couldn't get any in close enough.. They really changed their patterns this year with the acorn being so plentiful this year.. Well to those of you still hunting GOOD LUCK!!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got one week left. Our season here in Ohio officially ends February 6th. I may try and take out one more doe. Good luck to you all if any one is still out there braving the elements.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish all you guys well and hope you have better luck next year. It was good to get to know you guys a little. Hopefully the big boys we were all after this year will make it to next season and we can all score on a nice one next year.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

I wish you luck too ManofTheFall.. My main target this season got shot in rifle season on the property next to mine.. Kind of heartbreaking, but it just proves my property can harbor large bucks, and hopefully there will be a few bigger than him next year..

Last edited by JNM86WVU; 06-09-2011 at 06:49 AM.